Indian Ring Neck

matcho

Come on,

Please give us some photos of your new feathered friend . :?:
venetta

Okie dokie, I got a couple pics.

He's a little bitey and doesn't overly like being caught, but is happy to sit on your shoulder etc.

Need to find some info on training to get him used to handling etc.. Also need to get those wings clipped! Might make an appt with Tim Oldfield for a checkup etc, make sure everything is good.
IMAG0178.jpg
IMAG0181.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Venetta and Kylie
maz

Give him a couple of days to settle, if he's sitting on your shoulder already he might calm down after he settles in, typically parrots don't like a change in environment they take a while to settle.
venetta

I thought I would add another photo from tonight.

Happy (kinda) sitting on my shoulder. Very sweet little nibbles on my ear, and no big squawks in my ear (yet!).

Slowly getting used to the rest of the menagerie too.. I have a feeling he may have never seen a dog or cat before.. But he seems to be settling quite okay!
IMAG0195.jpg
I just have one more question, what sort of fruits are suitable?? The same as what we give our lori? He definitely likes apple, and I was told he also likes carrot and potatoes.. Are they okay for him? I was going to give him some sweet potato tomorrow if they are... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Venetta and Kylie
mackstaa

Oh dear..
Polly wanna cracker?

Nice blue Ringneck.
No kids for you!
Mackstaa

Return to “Anything else”