Donations for the new Server.

Simba

9magenta wrote:How about contacting pet supply companies to advertise with AAF for a small annual fee.... That would keep the $$ continually coming in :clap:
I asked the same question on page 1 of this thread and this was the response from Buzzard which seems fair enough.

"It's in the pipeline but until we can guarantee a reliable Forum it would not be honest to charge advertisers a fee to advertise. Hence the upgrade."

Sounds like we are there or nearly there which is great :thumbup:
Breeder of Gouldian Finches
natamambo

As the owner of a small business, I can say with little doubt that selling advertising would be a difficult and thankless task. The national / worldwide nature of our lovely little forum means that we would have appeal to a small number of sellers and it would be a thankless task to be the person charged with the responsibility of recruiting the revenue.

A better option might be Google Adsense. Adsense allows the admin team to control where the ads go (even down to specific pages) and the ads chosen are driven by Google searches and matches with their own analysis tools. We get paid by Google for every ad that is displayed. https://www.google.com/adsense/www/en_U ... index.html

I am on several forums where this became the only way to keep going and handled well it is not intrusive. I suspect I've never followed an ad but that doesn't stop the site getting paid.

There is also redtyger advertising for vBulletin websites but I know nothing about it.
E Orix

To all that sent in a donation for the Server upgrade,a big thank you.
The Admin is now seeing what will be right for us.
It is an alien area but a decision will be made soon.
Any money sent in that is not required now will be held over to cover Server costs only.
The same applies for our renewel costs so if you still wish to assist, your donation will be welcome and used only to cover Server costs down the track.
Once again thank you E Orix
daddiocutler

hi nothing to do with server sorry
cannot log on on my i pad dosn,t send me my email confirmation why.
regards jason
Diane

email sent
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits

Return to “Anything else”