scarlet chested parrots

jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Could not guarantee the hen T ...She was given to me by a breeder with a lot of mutations .

I know my boy is though but that doesnt help ...If your stuck we have a mate that may be able to help you . This is one of his birds , mine now ..

Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
Pete Sara
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

this be my old boy...
scarlet male....jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He is very nice Poitta ...
David Brent
Pete Sara

very freindly he is. loves his peas and (small amount ) of corn , he can smell it coming and would pretty much take it out your hand a piece at a time...love them to bits. blues are on list of wants again , any youngsters sold will pay for more of the myutations but not till I establish another pure line...pete
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I like the white fronts too .
David Brent
Tintola

Thanks Pete (For the pm as well) He is a beautiful boy. If you look closely I think he has some slight red-fronted in him as I can see a few reddish feathers on his abdomen (I can't see it on the top photo though). You say that some of the young show red on the lower belly, does the hen show any?

What I am trying to establish is a population where there is a clean, straight line between the red and yellow on the front and no red at all suffused into the yellow. The only improvement that I would strive for is a broader, red on the chest and clean cut off line.

In Europe they have developed a mutation that is varying shades of brown, cream and beige! WHY? :? :thumbdown:
OH LORD, SAVE ME FROM YOUR FOLLOWERS!Image
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tintola wrote:Thanks Pete (For the pm as well) He is a beautiful boy. If you look closely I think he has some slight red-fronted in him as I can see a few reddish feathers on his abdomen (I can't see it on the top photo)
They're two different birds... One is debs one is Pete's.
Beautiful photos BTW guys!! :D :clap:
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
Tintola

:oops: :roll: Oh yeah!That's why I cant see it on the top pic. Der :crazy: I was just testing to see if anyone noticed. :shifty:
OH LORD, SAVE ME FROM YOUR FOLLOWERS!Image
Pete Sara

He has only started to develop that in the last few seasons,always had an intense yellow under belly, the hen is clean in the yellow but as she has gotten older has developed a few red feathers in the chest area , as where the males would be. So after all these years it may be hiding something BUGGER will have to see if I can find me a full red fronted to put with one the girls to see what happens..

or a another male to put to her next year...

But on the origional question , I went and caught the youngsters up this afternoon taking note of the feathers , definatly aboy as some bright blue are coming through.. pete
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just me but I think the red fronts are little orangey rather than yellow in the belly .
I had a red front and when side by side you can see the normals are really really yellow .

T browns , creams and beige ... :roll: may as well keep a sparrow .

The Scarlets are one of the parrots I think dont need mutating , they got it all as is .
David Brent

Return to “Parrots”