Proud lorikeet owners

flap

Great pics! Love the babies and the bear! :soppy: Some great photos of the other birds and dogs too. :-) thank you for sharing.
flaP
flap

Actually Pete, other than protesting loudly all the way home (just like rainbow lorikeets), they have been really quiet since. :-) I hope that lasts!
flaP
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Night time they join in with the other birds for a chat , can be very vocal but more than make up for that in character and beauty .
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
Diane

Glad you couldnt resist the temptation to keep a least a couple of feathered friends. Ive never kept them but I think the PCrowned would be on my short list.

Lovely pic, deb but you are weakening my resolve to downsize! :lol:
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
flap

LOL BB! Still not being too vocal yet Pete. They love their fruit and corn, started giving them nectar yesterday and they certainly LOOOOVE it. :lol: Still have them in a little 60x60 cage, so can't wait to set them up in the bigger cage on the weekend. I am sure they will enjoy stretching their wings again and then I will try to take some photos. They certainly have more character, and their gymnastics feats are entertaining. We are really glad we got them and not too much work with only one pair of birds.
Mentally planning our retirement walk in planted aviary which will house our favourite finches as well as these guys and maybe little lorikeets and scarlet chested parakeets. One Powerball.... sigh :lol:
flaP
BlackCobra

Hi Flap
Your done it now, once you opened the gates, now you will want more, its only natural, we have it in out blood just like other addictions, we might need AA meeting for bird guys lol.
flap

Been there done that with finches BlackCobra, only just sold up a few months back. so we know our limitations and have lots of time to plan how we want to do it when we finally get there :-)
flaP
flap

Well it took us longer than expected, but we moved the PC in their new home today. Will take some pics in the next couple of days. Made up a swing and a ladder for them, have some twine rope draped across the top, some branches/dry sticks, and some grevillea cuttings in a holder. We have put a nesting log though it is horizontal rather than vertical, hopefully they will still be interested. They have only been in the new cage for a couple of hours. So far they are just hanging out on the rope, hoping they will check out more things tomorrow once they have got used to it. hoping to take a couple of photos on Wed.
flaP
flap

Here are a couple of pics, will try for some better ones in the near future but don't want to disturb them going into the cage.
Any suggestions/feedback is welcome.

EDITED to say - the single bird pic is actually the hen not the male!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
flaP
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

looks good .. the log will be fine but if the silly buggers decide to breed in summer like some of mine do then a nest box where the lid can be lifted is better but id worse comes to worse a fan pointed to the log will get enough air circulating around the log ...works here anyway.
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent

Return to “Parrots”