Bird sale anouncement Victoria all states ???

Latest news from the AFF team.
SamDavis

Do you live in Victoria?
Have you ever sold, exchanged, or even offered a bird for sale outside of your own home or a pet shop?
If yes then YOU are affected by this.
Now is the time to act.
Now is the time to email or write to your local state MPs in both the upper and lower houses.
Use the previous template as a start or write your own note in support of the CCBFA amendment.

You can find all of the MPs contact details at this link - http://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/members/results

We are working on a solution and there is great progress, however it is critical that all MPs are bombarded with letters and emails from those they serve. It will be debated in parliament NEXT WEEK - probably Wednesday 26th October 2016, so it's URGENT you write now.

Regards,
Sam
Nye

Thanks Sam .Just sent it to my local MP Don Nardella . Hope he reads it..
gomer

looks like i got Hon Jaala Pulford Im honored.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
SamDavis

gomer wrote:looks like i got Hon Jaala Pulford Im honored.
Great. She needs to be swamped with letters/emails - perhaps then she'll actually read one of them.

Keep emailing and posting - it is being noticed.
murf

I must confess as to not really knowing who Jaala P. is. I now do and she knows me now. Thanks everyone and great work Sam.
SamDavis

We are making real progress. The amendments we've put forward are currently under serious consideration by the Minister. As many of you know. the opposition and many cross benchers are in support too.

It was confirmed today that there is to be an upper house Committee Inquiry into the whole amendment Bill. We are already planning our submission.

It's not over by any means, but at last we can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Keep up the emails and letters to all MPs. They are definitely aware of us now!

Regards,
Sam
mr skeeter

iv never voted liberal in my life but watch out at the next election if this law is not overturned to allow us bird breeders to continue our hobby that we all love. mat guy will be getting my vote and all the bird people in victoria i would suggest. so daniel andrews please support us bird breeders.
SamDavis

I've recently completed a phone interview with WIN news Victoria. It will be one of the lead stories on tonight's 6pm news (Thursday 27/10/16).
A film crew is visiting Joy Pym's place. It was Joy's effort that alerted WIN to our issue.
I understand there is also an article in today's Latrobe Valley Express, which will appear online in due course.
arthur

Good stuff :clap: . . Congrats Joy & Sam . . and others un-named

Pollies don't like bad press . . and on this issue, they are treading on more toes than they realise

If possible, could somebody please post a link for us interstate folk :thumbup:
SamDavis

There is quite a bit going on behind the scenes. Definitely not over, but there's a few positive signs.

We've produced a bunch of memes to raise public awareness. Some finch related versions below. Please use and post on all web and social media along with the hashtags #birdclubs4birdwelfare #amendthebill #danielandrews #jaalapulford
meme saints.jpg
meme gouldian.jpg
meme canary.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Announcements, News & Rules”