Maybe a scaly breasted?

jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Maybe the older ones know deep down that it is wrong and keep a little more tight lipped about it ...the youngins are so blatant about it and when you say anything they compare birds to humans by saying its who they choose ...rubbish its who we choose anyhoo not going into a soapbox serenade over it ...its just WRONG .

The little twits need educating .
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
spanna

My partner and I were only this morning talking about our future plans. As yet we don't have our own property, but plan to get one in the next few years hopefully, and each have decided to have our separate banks of aviaries dedicated to normal, unhybridised, non mutation finches and softbills (me) and hookbills (my partner, who is occasionally on the forum as wrenchy). Talking a substantial number of aviaries and birds too. All hope is not lost.
HARVEY123456789

ONLY HAVE BREED them once but thats all i have ever breed together , never anythign more or else .

some breeders
breed scalyXrainbowxMusk
WHICH IS TO FAR IM VERY MUCH AGAINS HYBIRD BIRDS NOW ONLY HAD THEM WHEN I FIRST STARTED .
i hate seen IRN cross Alexs There is not many nice big alexs anymore
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thats good to hear Harv. Everything goes full circle with parrots and eventually everyone will be screaming for pure normals , those who have the best birds guaranteed pure will be the winners ....old bird fella (finches) told me this .
David Brent
HARVEY123456789

i agree , i hate heaps of mutation . im lucky enough to have (GETTING THIS WEEKEND) a pair of alexadrines that are massive birds and have never had IRN in there blood , i belive they will be in demand because everyone is breeding small bird just for colours , by crossing IRN with alexs
Buzzard-1

HARVEY123456789 wrote:i agree , i hate heaps of mutation . im lucky enough to have (GETTING THIS WEEKEND) a pair of alexadrines that are massive birds and have never had IRN in there blood , i belive they will be in demand because everyone is breeding small bird just for colours , by crossing IRN with alexs
Think about what you write. That's a big call saying everyone but you are hybridizing Alexandrines.
Wayno

jusdeb wrote:Maybe the older ones know deep down that it is wrong and keep a little more tight lipped about it ...the youngins are so blatant about it and when you say anything they compare birds to humans by saying its who they choose ...rubbish its who we choose anyhoo not going into a soapbox serenade over it ...its just WRONG .

The little twits need educating .
Ahhhh I love short sighted people, how about doing some research and stop the kid bashing! How old do you think these people are? http://www.alexandrineparrotmutations.c ... ine-parrot" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Myzomela

I think the point is that the newbies know no better.
The older, more experienced aviculturists who do it think that they can justify it by suggesting that after a certain number of generations of crossing back to the parent bird that it is essentially "pure" again- which it is not.

Crossbreeding is a philosophical argument. We all just have to decide which side of the fence we sit on.

Personally, I strongly disagree with it.

I have seen the birds that Wayno has referred to and they are mostly hybrid rubbish- and visually this is quite obvious when you see them. No doubt they will improve over time in size and type but for me they will always be hybrids.

I agree with Harvey's sentiment, if not exactly the way he said it. Good quality Alexandrines are harder to find- there are lots of small-headed, small bodied birds with poor shoulder patches around. The problem isn't just the hybridising- it's what happens to these unwanted offspring that find their way into the uneducated general pet population. Many of these birds inadvertently find their way back into breeding situations. And so it goes on with many other species.
Research; evaluate;observe;act
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ahhhh I love short sighted people, how about doing some research and stop the kid bashing!

Really ? Far from short sighted thanks very much Wayno and how about keeping the discussion on a friendly level ...no one made a derogative remark about you !

My point is the young ones know no better and think its normal to cross breed and that $$$$ are the all important factor in aviculture ,no not all kids of course but get onto sone of the parrot forums and actaully talk to them then you will see where Im coming from .

Education is def the way to go .

Too annoyed now to give a $hit ..Thanks . :thumbdown:
David Brent
Wayno

My point is that there are plenty of adults doing the same thing, and making a stack of money from it! Did you happen to look at the link I posted?

Return to “Anything else”