Sea Green Gouldians

Includes Species Profile.
Howldaloom

Here is a link to a site you might find rather helpful

http://users.skynet.be/fa398872/engoulm22.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are loads of pics on here of every colour gouldian imaginable. I was looking at this because i think i may have a noble blue cock. He seems to be getting a bit of extra blue on his back then is normal lol
please dont stand in my aura
AMCA26

Dad has bred another one of these SF Euro Yellow Cock birds, so i may keep the 2 at home this season and put to Yellow and Grens Hens. Anyone know of a price on these cock birds? And am i correct in saying these are not the Dilute Cock birds as they are completely different in colour?
Breeding Show Zebra Finches, Blue Gouldians, Pied Orange Breast.
Simba

AMCA26 wrote:Dad has bred another one of these SF Euro Yellow Cock birds, so i may keep the 2 at home this season and put to Yellow and Grens Hens. Anyone know of a price on these cock birds? And am i correct in saying these are not the Dilute Cock birds as they are completely different in colour?
Purple Breasted SF Euro Yellows normally sell between $20 and $40 this is mainly because a lot of buyers can't see much difference to a normal green I have often seen them for sale in pet shops being sold as normals, White Breasted sell for more as they will have yellow on their backs.

The Dilute is a completly different mutation geneticaly.
Breeder of Gouldian Finches
AMCA26

When i get the chance to take a new photo i will as if a buyer cannot tell the difference between a Greenback and this Sf Euro cock bird something is wrong and they need glasses. Its completely different in all 3 cock bird ie, Green, Dilute and what ever colour they want to call this bird. I actually think the 2 cocks are a stunny Sea Green in colour and noticable as young that its different to the Green and Dilute.
Hope i can breed more than 1 in the season coming.
Cando

Here she is in the front, next to a blue and green back for color comparison. She is very unique and has popped up unexpectantly from green back parents.
and next to a green
AMCA26

Good shot of the different back colours. Thanks :thumbup:
Cando

Here is a frontal picture showing the very light yellow cream of the belly feathers... though you can see some yellow. She has a very nice mask of an orange/red, especially for a hen. Next to a very white silver hen. these birds are about 8 months old.

Return to “Gouldian”