Rare species...

For questions about any species that doesn't have it's own area and for general information on foreign birds.
fincher

well this week i have advertise soem birds in our quokka weekly for sale newspaper state wid can sell anythen in it nearly.

just got a phone call from a guy wanting some birds. i said yes i got them soo on then he asked wat time would be best i said a day nd time he said ok he asked for a address nd then i said id prefer to call u the night before he was going to actually come for security reasons. well he didnt like that did he soo for that reason he said he wont be comen so i said fine.

in one way its a good thing but not in the other.

i have alwways done this as in never give my address to people that are comen for birds till the night before there due to come or that mornen. and this is the first ever person ive had that hasnt like it.

as to dealers yes i do believe we need them. as i have been worken in 1 myself i have experience many peoples experience of peoples keepen birds gained more information. i have also shared my experiences with many other people aswell and alos helped the less experienced people with information. but some of the things you hear is somethen you cant believe you wonder how on earth the birds are surviving in those conditions and breeding in them too.

thanks chris
arthur

Nothing to add but am trying out uploading a pic and thought this might create some interest ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
E Orix

Oriental Magpie Robins
If you are interested make contact as I have some young pairs 08/09 bred for sale.
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

sadly some humans suck....you can get bodgy dealers , bodgy pet shops , and dodgy people coming to your home to buy birds . Just gotta weed out the dregs and stick with the good ones .
Luckily this hobby has put me in touch with some long time breeders who genuinely care about producing healthy birds not for profit but for the love of finches , bird shows / sales seem to be the best place just to have a chat to breeders and learn from people who have done it for years.
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
E Orix

Jusdeb
You are correct,there are good and bad bird breeders/keepers out there.
Due to a couple of serious bird thefts, I am not too keen to sell from my backyard and definitely limit aviary visits here
unless it is a club run situation.
I have always tried to run my collection as self funding so I need to breed and sell my excess birds.
These days except for the rarer types all are generally sold through bird sales or to a dealer friend and the majority are young
if a bird is over 2 years old then the buyers are told as I get very annoyed when people flog off old worn out birds to unsuspecting buyers.
Another reason for not really wanting people into my place is the amount of times people have wanted me to catch up my breeding stock
for them to buy.When I refused I was scorned at and called greedy or selfish,they then wondered why they got the short shift.
Jusdeb I hope your sale is as good as it normally is,sadly I can't be there but my two mates(Bob & John) will be and if time permits may take a few
of my birds to sell.
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I went to visit a guy in Melbourne the other day who has magpie robins,

30 aviaries with all the more rare softbills & finches closeted away within the HEAVILY planted aviaries.

Fabulous breeder!!!
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
Diane

How nice!
Ive seen an aviary that probably started life as a tennis court. It had apple trees, grapevines and loads of bushes and a babbling brook. OB's emblemas and double bars flitting back and forward :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When I win Lotto I want to buy the block over the back and fill it up with huge avairys. Mind you I have been going to win Lotto for about 25 years now. Mind you buying tickets regularly instead of occassionally would increase my chances. :lol:
LML
Last edited by finchbreeder on 12 Mar 2010, 10:46, edited 1 time in total.
LML
gomer

finchbreeder wrote:When I win Lotto I want to buy the block over the back and fill it up with huge avairys. Mind you I have been going to win Lotto for about 25 years now.
LML
I say the same,But they tell me you have to be in it to win it.Maybe thats were Im going wrong. :roll:
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
arthur

Does anybody know anything on Shama Thrush x Magpie Robin hybrids advertised somewhere in Oz for sale :?: :?:

Return to “Non Specific Questions”