BLACK HEADED BLUE GOULDIANS

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
BluJay

That is a given E Orix, and it is not just withe blue gouldians. It's with any good breeder that expends the time, efforts, to meet the birds needs, not limited to but including the financial needs of the birds. I would lay down good money for a good bird from a good breeder. Also keeping in mind there are good breeders on all economic levels of birds. So inquiring who are the reputed blue Gouldian breeders is an inherently correct question, and has no bearing of price willing to be paid. Regards.
Tiaris

To answer your question if you are after good blue Gouldians: Mr Tino, GouldianPaul, Coloured Feathers, AMCA26, & Gary H would all be good starting points.
gouldianpaul

Blue Cuban wrote:
finchbreeder wrote:Is this where I point out I have no Blues. Only split - possible split blues? :parp: Sometimes the anticipation is half the fun.
LML
I'm in the same situation and I'm so excited to see what this season brings.
I am in no rush to get a cage full of blues other wise I would go spend a few thousand dollars and have it sorted yesterday.
Instead I'm enjoying my birds and really getting to know them and I'm convinced that in 2-3yrs I will have breed myself a cage full of blues, I know this because the guys from Victoria have already done it and they did it with patients...

Well done guys :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rich.

Well done Blue Cuban and Finchbreeder....good to see those putting in the hard work prepared to talk about Gouldians, rather than reading the doom and gloom comments about blues.

I agree the BH blue are visually more attractive than the RH or YH, but attached is one of my favourite RH blues....a 2013 WB Blue that is equal in strength, health, breeding performance and blood line to any of my birds.....IMO he is an example of how blues can be equal to any Gouldian.

Cheers
Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Craig52

He's a stud bird Paul. :thumbup: Craig
BluJay

Tiaris wrote:To answer your question if you are after good blue Gouldians: Mr Tino, GouldianPaul, Coloured Feathers, AMCA26, & Gary H would all be good starting points.
Thanks Tiaris. All I want is for breeders to be honest about their lines and stock. When I take on a project I will invest time and an effort that defies imagination to work to positive outcome. I may not remember all the scientific or medical terminology, nonetheless, I am no dummy when it comes to playing with genetics in breeding program. And would not want to be duped.
Kindest Regards
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Impressive looking boy Paul. But you have to admit that even he would look more spectacular with a black face. :silent: I'm bad I know.
LML
LML
gouldianpaul

finchbreeder wrote:Impressive looking boy Paul. But you have to admit that even he would look more spectacular with a black face. :silent: I'm bad I know.
LML
:lol: :lol: :lol: ....it's OK Finchbreeder....he is split to BH and this year I paired him up with a BH Normal/Blue....so some of his offspring should be BH :thumbup: :thumbup:
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Now them I want to see. Preferably on the next AFF Calender. :thumbup:
LML
LML
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beautiful finch Paul!

I would love to keep Blue Gouldians, but I don't think I could do them justice just yet. Maybe one day...
Blue Cuban

Fantastic looking cock bird Paul.
Definitely a stand out bird... :thumbup: :clap:
Hobby finch Keeper

Return to “Mutation Finches”