Black Breasted BQ

finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Congrats !!! Nice Work :thumbup: :clap:
spanna

Thanks guys. Now comes the fun part!
spanna

What ring size can I use to identify my different lines, and at what age should I ring them? I am wary of putting on a ring too small and damaging a big females leg as she grows...
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If the legs are the same size as Kings then use a plastic budgie ring.
LML
LML
Trilobite

Hi all, just wanted to share my trials and tribulations with these. Having recently bought a pair they quickly settled down and became quite tame (as in they came out when you where in the aviary). Anyway about three weeks later they laid eggs (4 in total) and then despite some lengthy periods off the nest the male hatched three babies (one clear egg). They lasted aboout a week and one by one they went backwards and ultimately they all died. Having read the comments below I wonder if the aviary is too dry approx 2/3 covered. Despite having access to good cover the eggs were laid in the thatch that accumlates under the november grass holder and when hatched the chicks were kepted up in the dry part of avairy by dad and not down in the grassy cover areas that are watered. The birds have access to dry seed, sprouted seed, greens, water, grit, maggots, mealies and woodies and some occassional termites.
Any pointers welcome or is this just luck of the draw (also the parents are 2nd year breeders).
Cheers
Trilobite

Return to “Poultry & Game Birds”