Self Bengalese

Includes Species Profile
emmo

Where can a person find/buy/even just see Self Bengalese finches? Are they readily or routinely available on the market or do we need to do the hard work and develop our own through breeding? I only ever see pied birds at sales, except once I saw one that seemed to have no white feathers and I am still kicking myself that I didn't buy it because I didn't have any aviary without other lonchuras.
Aussie_Bengo

emmo wrote:Where can a person find/buy/even just see Self Bengalese finches? Are they readily or routinely available on the market or do we need to do the hard work and develop our own through breeding? I only ever see pied birds at sales, except once I saw one that seemed to have no white feathers and I am still kicking myself that I didn't buy it because I didn't have any aviary without other lonchuras.
Hi ,
I just sent around 35 Bengalese down to Melbourne to a few people a month ago so there are officially a few pair of a Selfs in your area. hopefully you can get hold of some young in Future. I don't think they are on the AFF by are definitely active on the "bengalese finch Austalia" Facebook group.

There are a few if us around with them but defiantly not that many.

Cheers.
emmo

Thanks Aussie Bengo. I expected you to give a reply. I admire your work. It looks like I may have to delve into Facebook which I have resisted all these years.
Aussie_Bengo

Thanks, thats nice of you. :P

That's up to you of course because I can always send you their way. However there is chatter on FB that can be informative as well as what comes up here.

Cheers.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Glad to hear you have had a good years breeding Aussie. Have been doing other things here so my poor Bengos have been on the back burner a little.
LML
LML
Jay84

emmo wrote:Where can a person find/buy/even just see Self Bengalese finches? Are they readily or routinely available on the market or do we need to do the hard work and develop our own through breeding? I only ever see pied birds at sales, except once I saw one that seemed to have no white feathers and I am still kicking myself that I didn't buy it because I didn't have any aviary without other lonchuras.
Hi there. Paul sent me down some birds the other month, they're looking like they're going to nest. I have self chestnut, choc and fawn. Let me know if you're interested ;)
emmo

Thanks Jay. PM sent.

Return to “Society Finch”