Long billed correlas

TheFinchMan101

MadOzzie wrote:
TheFinchMan101 wrote:My school which is only a few kms away from the wagga botanical gardens always gets rainbows, you always see them up on the oval digging away at the lush green grass, once scared they head off to a little forest reserve just to the left of the school.
In all the thousands of rainbows I have seen, in Brisbane, Ipswich and for the last 12 years on the Gold Coast I have never seen them on grass. They are always in trees and occasionally will land on a fence or other structure,bowl, etc to feed.

MadOzzie
I mean I could have been mistaken for grass parrots but we do still get rainbows in trees etc.
Buzzard-1

Don't know why but out here we have them as well and I often see them digging up roots I can only assume that with the lack of blossom around here they have adapted to getting what they require from other sources.
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Seems that the Rainbows have adapted rather well to life away from the coastal areas . They do have plenty of blossoms here to keep them in the area .
Nice to see them in small numbers , dont know if I want them in the hundreds though :shock:
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent

Return to “Parrots”