Eastern Rossellas

Nathan Morleyy

Would an aviary 2m L x 1.5 W x 2 H be a large enough flight for a pair of eastern rossellas. They would have the aviary the themselves of course.

Regards Nathan
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not really , they are a bird that are very aggressive during breeding season , the male can and will mame or kill a hen .

The more room she has to get away the better even clipping the males wings she still needs to be able to get away from him .

I keep Red Rumps in 2.4 x 1.2 x 2 high and this is still not as big as I think they need for a good wing stretch and the Rosellas are bigger than R/Rumps .

Use the money to solve the other problem of cats , best to look after what you have before you get more birds me thinks and you still need to get on top of the Mallees behaviour ...one thing at a time . :D
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
Nathan Morleyy

Deb every bird breeder always want more birds its natural :lol: :lol: ,
Eastern rosellas are not very much bigger than red rumps i looked it up in the book and they are only 3cm longer than red rumps wich is not very much. It will take me a few monthes to save up any way buying that mallee ring neck sent me broke anyway so it will take me a couple of weeks to save up the money. I was thinking of getting a cheap pair when I live with my grandperents for 3 weeks as they are very cheap there. If I was to buy a pair I would deffinatly clip the males wings. Deb the problem with cats is basicaly solved as I am moving house very soon and I am moving my aviarys with me as i am going to live with my grandperents and I will move my aviarys to my grandperents aswell so no more local cat problems then. yes I do still need to get on top of my mallees behavior and I think that we are making a bit of progress by the way do you have anymore training tips that could help?.
I just love the looks of rosellas in an aviary.

Regards Nathan
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If your moving to Dubbo no need for aviary Rosellas when they are everywhere here and will become regulars if they know you have food out .

Rather see them in the wild than in a cage which is why I dont keep birds I have around me all the time .

Im currently training a parent reared Quarrion with a few problems to be part of the household ..biggest tip is persistance /patience and time .
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent

Return to “Anything else”