GREEN SEED FROM RAY & WENDY LOWE

For all your questions about diet and food for your finches
AMCA26

BB, i think thats for 1 Esky but i dont know how big that is or what they a calling the ESKY.
Breeding Show Zebra Finches, Blue Gouldians, Pied Orange Breast.
Niki_K

I'd be interested, depending on price, and how much you get for that :)
Bgould

BB I think the $17-$19 is per 2kg container and i think 9 of these fit to one esky. Thats how I have previously bought it.
garyh

very interested,,tried to pm you but got lost ,so if this is going to happen,please pm me to discuss quantity ,i know this is a lot of work for you,and much appreciated,ps are your birds going well,see you garyh.
Brooksy

PM sent
Misso

how many eskys in a pallet? a lot of bird keepers i know would only need a few containers each.... i wonder if ray would do like half a pallet?? would be silly not to knock back the interest from melb breeders if you ask me.

members that have used it can it be kept frozen for months?, years?
if i stays good in the freezer then buying an esky would be ok i suppose.

Jarryd :)
gouldianpaul

HI All,

We now have about 8 interested members....I am waiting on Ray Lowe to get back to me on cost but he did state to make it worth while we will need 1 pallet...which is about 370 pkts...and I understand that each packet is about 2 kg...so we need enough people to buy 800 kg of seed....I will post costs once Ray comes back to me.

As it will be sent via a freezer container it will need to be picked up from our destination place fairly quickly after it arrives....for my birds I will be buying about 25-30 kg's and storing it in my box freezer...I believe it will last for months this way.

HI garyh....the birds have settled in well...the WB YB hen has gone to nest with one of my SFYB cocks....and that beautiful WB YB cock you sold me looks fairly keen on a nice BH normal...so I'm hoping they will go to nest soon...cheers, Paul
Tiaris

I buy a year's supply at once (the only way you can get it anyway) and it keeps very well for up to a year. Quality seems to me to be exactly the same after a year in the freezer as it is when its first put in there. I know its not logistically viable for all but if you have the chance to include yourself in a bulk purchase I can assure you that your finches will thank you for it. Consistent year-round half-ripe green seed supply equals many more young finches bred than without. Last year's supply also included a good proportion of other green grass seeds mixed in the white millet which was just as sought after by the birds & gave a bit of unexpected variety as a bonus. Highly recommended.
natamambo

Count us in too Jarryd, not sure how much we'll need. Have about 35 seed eaters plus young at any one time and normally use about 150 kg of normal seed in a year if anyone can suggest quantities that will help.
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How much a year do you use Tiaris?
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/

Return to “Diet & Food”