need a new hookbill challenge

jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Supply cetainly isnt keeping up with demand with the yellows Tiaris . Not a commonly kept bird and that suits me fine as I wanted something different . Have a couple lined up but Ill need to travel a couple hours (like 8 round trip) .

Heres hoping in the next weeks Ill have a nice pair to have some fun with . Thanks for the replies , they have all been food for thought .
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
Diane

Are these the one you are getting?
http://threatenedspecies.environment.ns ... x?id=10644" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yep thats them BB
David Brent
st helena waxbill

Deb get King parrots there great birds I am getting a pair of king parrots.
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I dont want a bird that everyone else has thanks anyway ...
And yes they are a beautiful bird , they remind me of xmas with the green and red .
David Brent
st helena waxbill

There not a bird that everyone else has there bluddy hard to get hold of I have been looking for the months for a young pair that are just breaking color and havent found any all that i have seen so far is the on 20 year old males or females that are single mature birds. So get them wich is my suggestion no one else has them and there really hard to get hold of I have been after them for months. They have a pair for sale in orange for $250 I only fond that out after I got back to sydney :thumbdown: wich is my luck.
And also if you hand raise them you can sell the hand raised babys for like $600 so big $$ aswell.
matcho

Deb,
Have been following your post, interesting. Noticed that you have had some (good) success with "squirters". Was watching the Today show this morning and there were some Red Collared Lorikeets as opposed the the Rainbows. I had only seen drawings, photos of them but they certainly looked good. Have you thought of these so as not to really have change the way you do things but have another really nice bird?

regards

Matcho.
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Matcho I babysat one the other week and it was a funny bugger indeed and a nice looking bird too .

Trouble with the Lorikeets is the walls of the aviary need scrubbing down often and its been a pain in the bum in this humidity .

Parrots I can just rake over in no time .

St Helena ... not asking to argue over birds just asking for opinions on a more challenging bird .
David Brent
malibu_birdie

I know someone in Griffith that breeds regents and from what I have seen they are very gentle quiet birds. He had a handraised one there too that was an absolute sweetie!
thehammer

st helena waxbill wrote:There not a bird that everyone else has there bluddy hard to get hold of I have been looking for the months for a young pair that are just breaking color and havent found any all that i have seen so far is the on 20 year old males or females that are single mature birds. So get them wich is my suggestion no one else has them and there really hard to get hold of I have been after them for months. They have a pair for sale in orange for $250 I only fond that out after I got back to sydney :thumbdown: wich is my luck.
And also if you hand raise them you can sell the hand raised babys for like $600 so big $$ aswell.
If you are very lucky you can get kings for $200 pr – not hard to find in vic . I think they look better in their natural habitat instead of an aviary anyway – naturally quiet. Sadly another species hit by circo.

matcho wrote:Deb,
Have been following your post, interesting. Noticed that you have had some (good) success with "squirters". Was watching the Today show this morning and there were some Red Collared Lorikeets as opposed the the Rainbows. I had only seen drawings, photos of them but they certainly looked good. Have you thought of these so as not to really have change the way you do things but have another really nice bird?

regards

Matcho.
Red-collar’s are really only a sub-species of Rainbows and are savage buggers too.

Return to “Anything else”