Checking Second Hand Book Store

Share your favourite books and links here.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just scanning through old Bookstore today pick up hard cover of Care and Breeding of Seed Eating Birds and Softbills......by Jeffrey Trollope......price $2 :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:thumbup: bargain
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
Pete Sara
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nice one, the methods maybe out dated but it sure would make an interesting read , just to see how things have changed , I have a few oldies myself that have no use to us and our conditions but they are worth it as any info can be usefull at times...pete
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There also one there by Dr Harry Cooper....Vet Remedies and Memories (sounds a bit like version of James Herriot)....wasnt sure bout it same price might have a better look tomorrow.....
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I love my old bird books , some of the methods are outdated but some are well worth thinking about .
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
Canary

That is a great buy.

I can't walk past a second hand book store without having a look. My wife hates it because I usually walk out with something.

I have found some real bargains, and some old bird magazines that I keep telling my sons are collectors items. Some of the best have been Nests and Eggs ofAustralian Birds Vol 1 & 2, and a bound collection of The Australian Cage Bird Weekly from 1936. It talks about aviary visits at Vaucluse. There are shops advertising birds in King St, Sydney and Pitt St, Sydney. The sad part is that they put the price up after the first 12 months from 3 pence to 4 pence and it then stopped. I imagine that 1 p in 1936 was a lot of money.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Fortunately hubby and I are both addicted to 2nd hand book sales. :thumbup: Got RK's "A Complete Manual for the keeping and breeding of Finches" from one for $9-50 not that long ago, in good condition. Talk about rapt. :soppy: I would grab Dr Harry's book at that price.
LML
LML

Return to “Books And Links”