Pastel (Dilute Ginger) Self

Includes Species Profile
Finchman1

I have bred 4 so far with 2 crested and more in the nest
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Congrats and Beautiful Finchman1 :thumbup:
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Took a while to bond, but now on eggs. So fingers crossed for a hatching soon. If the eggs have not cooked in this hot humid weather.
LML
LML
BlackCobra

finchbreeder wrote:I have a young pair, last seasons chicks. Not this good but getting towards what I want. They laid, and hatched a chick, but unfortunately I had put them in an avairy full of moulting Gouldians and the "pretty pests" kept bothering them. Particularly as they have now finished moulting and started wanting the nest. So when the baby vanished the other day I removed the nest. The poor Bengos get to breed only when the other birds are in off season. Due to space constraints. So mostly my poor Bengos live in a nest free zone. And I don;t get as much breeding done with them as I would like.
LML
Its a shame no nests as there roost in a nest.
I have bred the Dilute ginger before & I loved them.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Roosting nests are a lot less of a problem with our weather, so the Bengos, Zebs, Javas etc that are kept away from the others most of the year are fine. And even when they are with the others some prefer to roost and some don't. Observation over many years indicates that you are correct in that the majority prefer to roost however.
LML
LML
BlackCobra

finchbreeder wrote:Roosting nests are a lot less of a problem with our weather, so the Bengos, Zebs, Javas etc that are kept away from the others most of the year are fine. And even when they are with the others some prefer to roost and some don't. Observation over many years indicates that you are correct in that the majority prefer to roost however.
LML
In my experience every bengalese goes to a nest to roost, its funny how they go to bed so early compared to all the other finches, I have about 27 up there now & when I go up to check them, all the other finches are still feeding ect but not one bengalese to be seen.
Aussie_Bengo

Here's a recent pick up.
IMG_45142_AFF.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nice bird :thumbup: :clap:
Finchman1

Here's another dilute I bred
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nice bird :thumbup: :clap:

Return to “Society Finch”