After separeted i noticed...

Includes Species Profile
Stavros01

Hi,

yesterday i separeted my first blue-faced Parrotfinches, from their fathers.
However, when i was looking at them, i notice that they have a few red feathers under the chin almost looking like Colorias.
Since i do not breed Colorias and this year i can not breed Red parrot Finches, i ask if its normal to have this red feathers because last year when i had chicks from this couple, the chicks they breed, did not had any of this feathers color.

Regards
Gustavo
gomer

I have never had a blue face with red under the chin. I suspect Somthing else has mated with the hen. Perhaps there is red face in the genetics or Somthing else.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
Stavros01

Hi,

Well thats impossible because this couple never ever has been separeted and has never been mixed with other birds, such as Red faced parrot finches.
I would like to put some pictures here for all menbers to see but i can not intruduce them in the forum, i do not know why.

Regards
Gustavo
Diane

Pm sent to you Gustavo
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
Mickp
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Stavros01 wrote:Well thats impossible
When it comes to birds that comment isn't one I would be inclined to make.
They can throw some funny things at you when least expected.
Until a couple of years ago my gouldians were only ever producing normals RH PB GB in one aviary and BH PB GB in another.
For some reason though after 6 generations the birds started throwing out blue chicks, ruined my plans of only having pure normals.
I guess what I am saying is that no matter how hard we try 's_ hit does happen'
Mick.
Finch addict and rodent hater.
Stavros01

Ok, Mick in this case, i understand but since their are no possibility that they have been mixed with other spicies, this red marks are going to cut the purity in my Blue face parotfinches??

Regards
Gustavo
Stavros01

juop juop 011 (640x480).jpg
juop juop 013 (640x480).jpg
juop juop 014 (640x480).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
E Orix

Firstly I do not know what Parrot Finches you have had access to by not living in Australia.
To cross a Red Faced with a normal Blue Face(as we know them) can be an easy process if done propewrly BUT
I am reasonably sure that they produce infertile offspring so if that is the case it is either a direct mating even through the cage wire
If not it may have crossed way back with another type of Parrot Finch that maybe a fertile cross.
Many years ago some smarty decided to cross the two parrot finches and sell them as Royal Parrot Finches he caught a few but eventually he was caught out and regretted his action,non of the offspring bred to my knowledge.
We have a similar situation at my home. and another mates place. We have Madagascar Weaver hens having a few small Red Feathers on their heads.
I know they are hens because they were DNA'd and have since bred so who knows.
Tintola

E Orix wrote: mating even through the cage wire
:wtf: Is this possible David.? :? I tend to agree that there must be some latent mixture of genes way back there somewhere.
OH LORD, SAVE ME FROM YOUR FOLLOWERS!Image
Stavros01

Ok, i am going to repeat again because i think i did not make it understandble: it is IMPOSSIBLE for the hen of this chics to have matted with another bird.
Why? Very simple.
They are in a cage, a singular cage just for them. It is not a split cage, it is a singular large cage just for them.
Their are cages above and down, fixed on the wall and their is a distence between cages for about 5 cm or more.
The couple of this two chicks are with me since August and never have been togheter with another bird.
And because the chicks had born with this red marks, that i am so intriged.
Beside, this couple had chicks last year and they born and became adult birds with absolutly no red marks.

E Orix, you are right, i do not live in Australia and have never been in Australia or know who have been but i think when it was possible to import/ export birds, several breeders brought them to Europe and since then they have been raising them.
Their are very important breeders along all Europe and in Portugal too, that breed all kind of Australian species.
However their are breeders that only want to cross species and because of that, their are catogories on competitons and unfortatly they win prices and medals because of that kind of behavior.
Now, i know that their are about 10 sub-species of Blue Face Parrotfinches. I just hope that they belong to the same sub-species
I am going to try to put pictures of couple of this two, and you will see that they are normal Blue Face Parrotfinches.

Regards
Gustavo

Return to “Blue Faced Parrotfinches”