Bush Budgies

desertbirds

Went into the pet shop yesterday and spotted these guys out the back in a cage on their own. Couldnt help myself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diane

Now dont they look great? A lot better than these overstuffed, cottonwool headed jobbies you see these days. :shock: (OMG I could have just described a politician there :lol: )
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
Buzzard-1

bluebutterfly213 wrote: A lot better than these overstuffed, cottonwool headed jobbies you see these days. :shock: (OMG I could have just described a politician there :lol: )
Your closer than you think BB :lol:
Ranga.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:lol: :lol: :thumbup: :lol:
desertbirds

:clap: Well done Buzz.
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They make better aviary birds than the boof heads too .
I recently bought a pair myslef . Never seen them before and fell in love with the tiny little treasures .

Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
desertbirds

Yours look in really good nick Jusdeb. Even though i see budgies most days i had forgotten how small they are . Theres a couple of young ones in amongst the birds i bought and they are tiny. Fortunately another forum member was short on cockbirds so a few of mine are up ,up and away soon. :thumbup:. I was suprised how quiet they are and how quickly they settled in.
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks DB . They are little buggers hey . Still want to see them in those huge flocks you get out your way .

They must be very quiet coz I dont hear them at all .
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
grasswren

Been breeding them for years. You would be suprised how many people who have no idea just how small they are, and when they are informed that they are normal the looks on their faces is something to behold. Went to England 11yrs ago and the minimum length of a budgie to be exhibited was about 9inches from top of head to tip of tail, another mutation out of control. Pulled over at a stopover point out of Eucla on the highway to Perth and a green tree just flew away leaving just bare branches the budgies were that thick it was a beautiful sight .
natamambo

I'll never forget dawn at Barkly Homestead (on the Tennat Creek - Mt Isa raod for those who don't know). Thousands of budgies drinking in a never ending spiral pattern, scooping the water up on the wing, floowing the flock up and back down again. It was an awesome sight nd Deb hearing them sure wasn't a problem. I stood there so transfixed Before I thought of getting the camera the show was over.

Return to “Anything else”