Unseasonal nesting

Tiaris

She's rung.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Congratulations. You obviously got just the right pair at just the right time, with just the right conditions. I would go buy a lottery ticket if I was you.
LML
LML
Tiaris

Good news - 2 healthy young fledged today. If some one can point me to the bit on how to reduce photo size & post I can put up an ordinary photo of them.
spanna

Great news!!
You can resize in the Paint program most PC's have, under "Accessories" in the start menu usually. Should be a resize button up the top, click it, select pixels (is set to percentage as standard) and change the values to 640 (horizontal) by 480 (vertical). Hope that helps.
desertbirds

Hi Tiaris, i was approxiamtely 60k`s north of Alice (usual Sunday drive ) last weekend and spotted a recently fledged young one (possibly fledged that day).Interestingly no coloured cockbirds were visible and i sat for somtime watching the young one. That particular area had 248 mm in 3 days a few months back, lots of flowers/grasses and also lots of birds. Good to see you`ve got them going,i might have to to have a go myself. :thumbup:
Tiaris

Still can't reduce the image - Paint just cuts the top left corner out. I thought there was a thread somewhere stepping through the process & it seemed easy but can't find it now.
craigvdl

A resizing trick I use involves emailing the photo to myself. I use Outlook and when you attach the photo (ie before you hit send), depending on the version you use there is a button on the right hand size that allows you to resize the photo before sending. (In Outlook 2010, you do it through "file", "info"...).

After you send the message, you simply use the resized version you receive in the email from yourself.
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Fantastic news Tiaris :D :D
I'm sure if you emailed the image(s) to a mod/admin they'd e happy to reduce the size for you.
or I'm happy to do it either way :P
Do you use a Mac or a PC?
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
Tiaris

young wrens 006__1335305610_115.131.196.111 resized (640x480).JPG
As I said - an ordinary shot but here they are thanks to Di.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SamDavis

Congratulations. Just skimmed through this thread again and it seems you've only had them about 8 weeks or so. Pretty impressive start with softbiils! Maybe one day I'll be able to do likewise.

Regarding the continual return of the imaging resizing issue:
Might I suggest the tech. people install one of the many phpBB image resizer modifications so that the php server does the resizing rather than the user. This would remove this ongoing issue forever!
Last edited by SamDavis on 25 Apr 2012, 10:31, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Splendid Wren”