scarlet chested parrots

Tintola

And here is a stunning example of what can be achieved with many years of hard work, and just a little insanity thrown in. If they want to play with colour why not take a sparrow and make it all the colours of the rainbow? :crazy: This one is called a Grey/White-fronted Blue Scarlet chested Parrot. No, this is not a sepia photo, it is a colour shot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OH LORD, SAVE ME FROM YOUR FOLLOWERS!Image
Pete Sara
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Your kidding, please tell me your kidding... it all boils back to the mutation debate , why ruin a good thing, oh well not for me .... thats all I am saying......pete
Tintola

The next one will probably be a White-fronted White and it will look just like a white budgie. Can't wait for that one :yawn: Good night :wave:
OH LORD, SAVE ME FROM YOUR FOLLOWERS!Image
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

jusdeb wrote:
The Scarlets are one of the parrots I think dont need mutating , they got it all as is .
One could argue no species of anything needs mutating... Theyve evolved that way for a reason! Who are we to say its not colorful enough?? African silverbills are stunning birds, and what color are they? Brown. Yep, brown. Not much exiting happening there at all. But they're still stunning, aren't they??
Oh sure, personal taste etc. etc... If you don't like how it looks don't keep the damn thing.
Sorry if I've hijacked the topic, it's just something that really bugs me.
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mutations do occur naturally , some are different and appealing others are just bloody ugly .

Got me buggered though why you would take a Scarlet with all its gawjus colours and colour it brown ...Oh that blue / grey is borderline disgusting ....
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
mr.fox

Right on, Jayburd. totally agree. mutation craze will be the death of Real Aviculture! :(
Why spoil what nature has taken millenia to produce just for a few extra dollars and so called "improvment"? Normal Human behaviour I guess. We can't be stopped. :( :( :( :( :(
flap

Beautiful birds Deb and Pete. When we get our retirement aviary, scarlets will be on our list together with the finches and PC lorikeets.
As for the mutation, I think a lot of insanity. Why turn a stunning coloured bird into one that looks like it has fallen into a bucket of coal??? I can only assume it is the challenge of achieve it, which I get. But the actual end result makes absolutely no sense!!!
flaP
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"it is the challenge of achieveing it, which I get. But the actual end result "
The challenge is all to some people, and I do enjoy that. Some end results are beautiful, and many are ho hum. I guess we will as humans always be tempted by the challenge. And hopefully we will consider keeping pure normal strains a challenge too. Love the beautiful monomorphic browns of many of our finches. :eureka:
LML
LML
firetail555

If you have young of both sexes in the clutch, you can tell the difference by the intesity of the blue on the face and the shoulders. The cocks being deeper and brighter. In addition, the head on young cocks is a bit larger and seems to come straight up from the cere and then a bit flat on top. The hens have a little dome head.

Return to “Parrots”