Your favorite bird

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
framed

I think no matter how large your aviary or how many birds you have, you will always have a favorite bird that you own or have owned. I thought it might be interesting to hear about peoples favorite birds.
Here is mine, he is a red headed normal gouldian cock.
He is the friendliest bird I have owned and will land on your finger when in the aviary,he is also the best coloured gouldian I have and is a prolific breeder.
I am really looking forward to when his young colour up.
bigred.jpg

Cheers
Framed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Enjoy every sandwich
Steven

Nice picture framed you should off entered that one for the comp.
framed

Thanks Steve, it was a toss up between a few different ones I have taken lately and in the end I decided on a different picture, but they all seem to be of this bird.

Framed.
Enjoy every sandwich
Steven

Looking forward to more pictures mate
Page0044

Nice pic Framed
Cheers
Greg
Mickp
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

my favourite bird was a wedge tailed eagle. had it while growing up on the farm.
had its own fenced enclosure (50m diameter circular area, with 2m high chain link fence). only my dad and me could feed and pat it though. used to catch rabbits and put in the enclosure for it to catch and eat. it had a good length of light weight chain attached to one leg so it couldnt fly away
Mick.
Finch addict and rodent hater.
gomer

very nice bird Framed.
And interesting story Mick.
My favorite is the crimson finch.I just like there nature and crimson colouring,Also its a bird i have not had alot of success with.As i seem to breed cocks only at the moment.Its a bird i have spent alot on to have no finacial return but is always the ones i love to watch.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
Diane

My favorite bird happens to be a Red headed gouldian cock too. He was not quite finished his moult when I got him but he has developed into a lovely bird. He hasnt got a mate yet but there are several babies starting to colour up that are potential hens for him.
He not going to sit on my finger tho :(

I also have a soft spot for a yellow headed gouldian cock. I call him Old Boy, I bought him from a pet shop when I didnt know better! Hes quite happy to find a place in the sun and sit and doze all day. Now and again he shows off to a female so maybe there is life in the Old Boy yet!
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
alvin

My favourite is an orange headed Gouldian with purple breast and green back. She is no beauty when compared with the other hens but she wins my respect due to her caring nature. She is a great mum and foster mum to one of the other gouldian chicks who was tossed from the nest by it's parents. She has fed and nurtered the chick as if it were her own.
I also have another orange head who just loves sitting in the sun and doing nothing else. Her beak's black and one of the cocks seems pretty interested in her but she just doesnt seem interested in breeding/mating with him. They sit together the whole day and sleep near each other but that's as far as it goes. I think she may be ready for "retirement". :lol:
gomer

sounds like diane and alvin have birds like a few of us feel some days.like retirement.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches

Return to “The Lounge”