Green Singer hybrids

Includes Species Profile
Netsurfer

djb78 wrote:Well I know of a few breeders that produce mules off the goldfinch mainly. Well to tell you the truth I don't see much of a difference in song compared to a good singing Canary. Yes mules songs are nice and they sing frequently but still as good as a Canary IMO. My personal preferences is to keep strains pure and I've never had any interest in breeding mules and I've had the resources to do so as I have siskins and can easily obtain gold or Green finches for only a few bucks. People will do what they feel is right for them but I do understand where Eorix is coming from because where will it stop because people will be looking for the new thing like a oriental Green finch mule.
djb78 you're not wrong, I just love the songs of different species of Finches, I often have an early morning cuppa outside, near the aviary, and whatever I may be doing I can tell a Goldfinch song from a song of a Siskin. I also just love the songs of a Jacarini or a Strawbery finch, the crackling sound of young Javas or a soft song of a Gouldian finch. And Zebras are something special, many years ago I started with zebras and every time I hear a Zebra finch sing it brings back that "magic" of way back then. And the little annoying :petrified: early morning non-stop song of a Saffron Finch or a Chaffinch! If you can't appreciate that then why keep song birds at all?
Last edited by Netsurfer on 19 May 2012, 04:22, edited 1 time in total.
elferoz777

I had a feeling this topic might fire people up.

I understand where everyone is coming from and appreciate your feedback whether you agree with me or not.

I can imagine some people selling of hybrids as pure birds and its people like that who do big damage down the line.

Just so people can sleep at night again...I only ever really wanted to know if the Green finch would cross with a gold finch and was curious about what else..

I am not going to mass produce mules as a full time hobby in order to contaminate the worlds finch supply.

My mules are all goldies x canary and that is purely because I like the song and I like the augmented appearance of the goldfinch mule. you can push some really nice looking birds.

I am planning on getting chaffinches and I have been able to locate some Euro linnets but they will be in a special aviary all to them self.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm one of the mutations are not bad and hybrids are not really desirable. :D But have done the Canary x Goldfinch in the past by foolish mistake. (There are canarys of both sexs so the solo Goldfinch will not be a problem :oops: ) And the resultant young was a wonderfull singer and a beautiful bird, who saw out his days delighting me with his song and nature. So I can see the attraction.
LML
LML

Return to “Green Singer”