Nice little Topic from QFS (Pintailed Parrot Finches)

For questions about any species that doesn't have it's own area and for general information on foreign birds.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Got this on my facebook page today from QFS...mmmmm very pretty finch :thumbup: http://unravel-photo.blogspot.com.au/20 ... ntbox.html
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

wooooooooaaaaaahhhh
breathtaking finch and fantastic pictures... I smell a new desktop background.
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
SamDavis

Thanks for the link - they're my favourite parrot finch.
natamambo

Have they ever made in to captivity in Oz?

We've so many beautiful natives I've never really lusted after the foreigners but for them I could make an exception 8-) .
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

natamambo wrote:Have they ever made in to captivity in Oz?

We've so many beautiful natives I've never really lusted after the foreigners but for them I could make an exception 8-) .
There is a few old elderly Pin Tails around in Oz

I am trying to find these young Pin Tails and Peales that have been breed over here i hear off.I want to get 2 Pairs of each so i make you guys jealous of me for having them :thumbup: :lol: :lol: and even more :lol: when i breed them.
iaos

I had the chance to bird in Chiang Dao earlier this year. Unfortunately due to mechanical problems we ran out of time to get to the area where the Pin-tails were. Chiang Dao is only an hour or two north of Chiang Mai and well worth visiting if you are in the area, I had a personal tour guide and driver for the day for a very reasonable price. PM me if you want details of the guide I used.

Here is a brief report I did on my trip to Thailand viewtopic.php?f=192&t=11082
Myzomela

The ones I saw here in Australia never became established and although I have also heard of Peale's being still around recently I haven't heard any reliable reports of the pin-tails being bred here- I am only too happy to be proven wrong.

There was an article in Just Finches?? a few years ago about a breeder in New Zealand who was having some success but I don't believe he was working with a large number of birds.

Mike Fidler bred them when he was in the UK and Peter Risdon from Denmark spoke about breeding them in Denmark at the last Finches Convention.

Finches 247- if you can get 2 young pairs of each I hope you have a good stash of cash saved- you'll need it!!! But good luck :D
As they say, never say never!
Research; evaluate;observe;act

Return to “Non Specific Questions”