Pintailed Parrot Finches - I wish!

For questions about any species that doesn't have it's own area and for general information on foreign birds.
Finchy

Any smugglers of on the forum? Anyone?! No, not Budgy smugglers, it's Pintailed Parrot Finch smugglers I'm hoping for! ;-)

Check out these beauties! Can we have some pleeeaaase? Can we, can we, pleeeeaaase?! http://youtu.be/sekZCRxQNwo

I wish :cry:.
GregH

You don't need a smuggler you just need a time machine. Lots of legal ones (nonparels) advertised in Saturday's Sydney Morning Herald (Edition: 7th November 1936). A truely beautiful bird but difficult to breed. Perhaps now that we've ruled that biosecurity concerns are not a problem for Australia that a few can come over from Malaysia with their next shipment of pineapples.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What a beatiful little finch. Hmm. Pineapples with finch decorations attached?
LML
LML
Craig52

Hate to tell you guys but there are some pintail nonperiels being bred and tucked away in this great big country of ours. Craig :silent:
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

crocnshas wrote:Hate to tell you guys but there are some pintail nonperiels being bred and tucked away in this great big country of ours. Craig :silent:
There are some here to in small numbers Of Pin Tails being bred as well as the Bamboos and Peales
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

crocnshas wrote:Hate to tell you guys but there are some pintail nonperiels being bred and tucked away in this great big country of ours. Craig :silent:
Thats great news.....Dont want to know who but how did they go about succeeding with them where others failed? Do they breed same as other parrot finches? or are they more inclined for livefood? and specialty plantings?
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Craig52

Not sure about the breeding conditions,but i do know it's 2 steps forward and one step back and they are the yellow fronted variety not the red like in the video. Craig
Finch_Breeder

Awesome little bird.
Birds I own/have owned: Budgerigars, **Zebra Finches**, **Star Finches**, Canaries, Diamond doves... Rocky the Galah! & Cocky the Sulphur Crested 'too
-Mike-
Trilobite

Gee Craig, shame they werent the red ones truly spectacular birds, shame they died off here so long ago. I suspect it wont be long and we will see some more around the traps. Smuggling birds - i dont know?? bringing viable eggs in seems to be the preferred way and easy when you know how, however there is a risk and the risk are very high for our captive and wild birds alike. I suspect you will see violet eared waxbills in the not too distant furture as well??
Cheers
Trilobite
E Orix

Be very careful what you guys put in print.
You never know if one of our highly inteligent avian protectors is reading this and may believe what is printed

Return to “Non Specific Questions”