Hybrid

jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OR
being slapped with a ruler by teachers for writing with my left hand ...damaged goods now :shock: nah seriously accounts for clumsiness .
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
HARVEY123456789

alot of lorikeet mutations are crossed with scaley to enhance the colours
Craig52

Been following this thread with interest,from a pic of a galah/SC cockatoo hybrid and so many comments,some good some not so good.
The problem is,you are not going to stop this practice no matter how much you rant and rave as people will do as they want too.Look what happened to the king/red wing thread,authorities were contacted but didn't want to know about it.
I doubt very much if these hybrids would make it in the wild as the birds are usually infertile unless they are very closly related specie eg WB blood/ BB blood redbrowed/lesser redbrowed,i know they are subspecies with slight colour/size differences but still what do people class them as Hybrids?
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yep so so true and sad Croc .
I never heard anything back form the Dept of do Nothing about the hybrid Kings being sold and it seems as time goes on that it is being more accepted as normal to the point of a King x ? being exhibited at the last Orana Show .

Hopefully the fad will just go away in time as every thing goes full circle .
David Brent
Tiaris

crocnshas wrote:Been following this thread with interest,from a pic of a galah/SC cockatoo hybrid and so many comments,some good some not so good.
The problem is,you are not going to stop this practice no matter how much you rant and rave as people will do as they want too.Look what happened to the king/red wing thread,authorities were contacted but didn't want to know about it.
I doubt very much if these hybrids would make it in the wild as the birds are usually infertile unless they are very closly related specie eg WB blood/ BB blood redbrowed/lesser redbrowed,i know they are subspecies with slight colour/size differences but still what do people class them as Hybrids?
I certainly do class sub-species hybrids as hybrids simply because they are not the real deal and not what they are usually offered for sale as. If some one has crossed subspecies to nominate form it is incumbent upon them to reveal this to anyone looking to obtain them, especially if the seller is claiming to have the genuine subspecies for sale and charging accordingly otherwise have their reputation smeared.
True sub-species such as pure Lesser RB or WB blood are very desirable natural forms in their own right & thoroughly deserving of maintaining pure aviary stocks without trashing captive stocks with nominate genes.
I don't think it is the job of regulatory arms of government to "do" anything about hybrids, its up to aviculturists to simply conduct themselves in a responsible manner.
Netsurfer

Maybe we should impose taxes on poluters! :lol:
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Deb, my mother was one of those cracked accross the knuckles for lefthanded writting. My son and I ostracised for clumbsiness. We are opposite eye/hand dominant. Much worse for a boy than a girl as they are really given hell if not good at sport. And being dyslexic is almost as common as having 2 hands in our family.
LML
LML
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Touch wood missed the dyslexia gene . '
My fathers brother side carry it .
Fathers brother was given a shovel and put to work in the garden rather than try to teach him anything at school .
His son was sent to Royal Far West Childrens home long term to learn .
Sons son is given Ritanol and told he has ADHD ..... been BS from the word go and generated a lot of hatred towards teachers within the family .
David Brent
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank goodness for an observant grade 2 teacher who said that boy is far too smart verbally for what is appearing on the paper, and helped me get him working with a occupational therapist for 4 years. Then later on one who said put him on a computor. Years of progress made in months by going on a computor. Taking 3 years to do TEE is not bad if you then pass English, Applicable Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Economics, and are in the top 10% of your state for Information Systems. All with lots of patience and no medication.
LML
LML
Finch_Breeder

From Hybrids to Dislexia :wtf:
Birds I own/have owned: Budgerigars, **Zebra Finches**, **Star Finches**, Canaries, Diamond doves... Rocky the Galah! & Cocky the Sulphur Crested 'too
-Mike-

Return to “Parrots”