Marked White Black-bodied??

Includes Species Profile.
Tiaris

Any one seen/bred/have these?? or even a Marked White Charcoal?? Photo would be excellent if any one has. I just thought a white-backed black-fronted Zeb would look pretty awesome. Even the WA fancy or Black-bodied Silver with genuine black (not diluted) on the front which I've only seen a painting of in ABK Zebra Finch book - any photos?? Thanks.
Danny

Here's a couple of babies produce by a friend - still early development but potential is there. I haven't seen them since then so not sure how they developed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The one on the right I would have said was a hen, but she seems to have a cheek patch. Be interesting to see how the mutation develops.
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What combination is used to produce this? Pied to black bodied?
LML
LML
desertbirds

Jayburd wrote:The one on the right I would have said was a hen, but she seems to have a cheek patch. Be interesting to see how the mutation develops.
Hens have cheek patches too Jayburd.
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I know, I'm just surprised in a cross between these two that it would show out.
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
AMCA26

The one on the right looks like a cock bird you can just see the light Flanks like a CFW.
Breeding Show Zebra Finches, Blue Gouldians, Pied Orange Breast.
Finchy

Hi Tiaris

I'm reawakening this old thread because I tripped over you asking the exact same questions that are in my mind right now! Your whole string of questions about MW, Black-bodied, Charcoal and Silver/WA Fancy is like a download directly from my brain!

Did you ever manage to experiment with crossing MWs with Black-bodied, Charcoal or other black Zeb genes? Do you have any photos or opinions about the results please?

Ever get close to anything like the WA Fancy (which I've also never seen in the feather :irked:)

Thanks,
Finchy
Tiaris

No, I didn't get to actually try it out. At that time my son was interested in getting some Zebra Finches & I thought it would be worth a try if the dark markings underneath & white markings on top could provide a good starkly contrasting combination. Also with black-bodied being dominant & MW sex-linked it would be relatively easy to combine those 2 starting with MW males & BB hens. The paler coloured MW BB hen progeny could then be mated back to MW males again to produce colour in both sexes. I guess it would take heavy culling to keep the white areas clean of dark foul markings too. I still believe it would be a worthwhile exercise one day.
When I was toying with the idea I could find decent MWs but no good quality BB Zebras, so I didn't go through with it.
The only Zebras I now breed are Isabels plus a few fawns for outcrosses.
Finchy

I see. Well I've got some good Marked Whites ready to roll, so I'm on the hunt for some Black Bodied and if I can find them I'll give it a go. Will be nice with pied too...

Return to “Zebra”