interesting free magazine

Share your favourite books and links here.
amalan11

I just found a link to a free e magazine on a canary website .Type "Bird scene magazine" and you will be able to get to the issues its by the Brittish parrot society but has interesting articles inc Finchs/canaries.Looks good

Edited by Moderator to include the link click here
GregH

I liked the article concerning the loss of imported wild sourced species into the UK/EU and the threats and opportunities it presents for aviculture. It's something Australia faced 60 years ago and I'm sure that the UK will retain many more species than we did. My 8 years in the Philippines showed me how devastating import controls were to the diversity there precisely because there are so many keepers and so few breeders - they went from having just about everything in the finch line in 2004 to just a handful of Australian species by 2008. When I left at the end of 2011, I disposed of my cut-throat colony as I was one of the few breeders left however they are out of reach of the general populace with a pair costing more than two weeks wages (based on a domestic servant). With short-lived birds like finches we can't let our guard down - there can be no keeping without breeding or we risk losing the species forever in this country because we can not import even aviary bred stock.

Anyway back to the mag. I liked the philosophy behind it and I hope they can continue to produce more.
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:thumbup: good find
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent

Return to “Books And Links”