KING QUAIL

finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Put the females in and watch the dynamics change. Each boy will fight to the death for supremecy"
Depending on the space and the personality of the birds. Watch them very carefully for the first 3-4 days. Just re arranged mums into pure pairs. Within 24 hrs the Cinnamon cock had murdered the cinnmon hen. The silver hen from Flavia is just fine with mums silver gentleman. And mums normal hen is just fine with Spanna's normal gentleman. I just put grass on the floor for mine and the make a scrape in the dirt, sometimes using the grass also.
LML
LML
stephstar

All new birds settled in well and singing pleasantly.
Boy quail that bumped head looks like he didn't sleep well but so cute..hee hee can't wait to get them girlfriends!!!!
:chicken: :flower: :laugh:
The early worm escapes the bird
maz

I've got 5 of these little guys at the moment first time I've had them 3 silvers , 2 hens one cock, a normal hen and a cinnamon cock all together in my avairy and doing really well, they have started to lay a couple of times but not settled down to one or two nests yet, but I have hope for when the weather starts to warm up. I'm quite enjoying them as a change from the Japs.

Return to “Poultry & Game Birds”