Lutino Fledgling - agressive dad

Includes Species Profile
Melinda

Hi all,

My fledglings, 1Lutino hen and 2 Unsexed Normals/Splits, have weaned and I have have sold the two normal/splits. I will be keeping the Lutino.

I had to separate the the babies when they fledged as dad was being a little agressive. Now that they have weaned mum is back in the aviary with dad and he is in nest building mode again. I tried to introduce the Lutino into the aviary but dad kept pecking her and she was not comfortable.

Not quite sure how to resolve this. When the other two fledglings get picked up the Lutino will be alone. Does anyone have any great ideas on how I could get dad to accept the Lutino.

My aviary has 1 very dominant cock and 3 hens BFPF as well as a single old Forbes Parrot Finch who keeps to himself. They all get on fine particularly as the cock mates with all the girls :heart: I don't want the little Lutino to be lonely but she might get another Lutino sister soon!

Melinda
Melinda

Custodian of:
5 Blue Faced Parrot Finches (1 Split M, 1 Lutino F, 3 Normal F)
1 Tri Coloured Parrot Finch (M)
1 Bichon Frise
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How old are the fledglings ?

If the parents are not feeding I would take them out.
He wants to breed again that's main reason for aggression and he thinks there holding the breeding up.
Melinda

Thanks Henry. The babies are independent now at 7 weeks. I will keep them separate. Will prevent inbreeding later on too.

I wasn't too realistic about finches. I thought I could have one aviary but it just doesn't work out that way. I now have one aviary on my balcony and three other cages to separate them when needed.

I do love them though so its worth the trouble :D
Melinda

Custodian of:
5 Blue Faced Parrot Finches (1 Split M, 1 Lutino F, 3 Normal F)
1 Tri Coloured Parrot Finch (M)
1 Bichon Frise
scottg

Hi Melinda

Do you have any Lutino BFPF / splits? I am looking for a Lutino cock and hen and splits. Housed separate for breeding purposes.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This was 10 years ago.
LML

Return to “Blue Faced Parrotfinches”