Red-eared Firetails

Includes Species Profile.
mrscibbo

Posted by _birdworld_ (Perth) on 11-Feb-13 07:35 PM AEST
To reply to this advertisement email [email protected]

For Sale

A unique opportunity to obtain the breeding colony from one of the few TRUE breeders of the Magnificent West Australian Red Eared Firetails.

The collection consists of ten birds - which includes four pairs and two unsexed birds. It has produced dozens of young and the birds have been renewed over the years to ensure they remain in prime breeding condition. They are being sold very reluctantly due to the ill health of the owner.

All birds are aviary bred and a minimum of fifth generation from original wild caught stock and all are unrelated.

Asking price for the collection is $4000 plus freight.

This is a truly unique opportunity to obtain these beautiful birds, as once this colony is sold there will be few if any bred in WA to supply the national market - DON'T MISS OUT !!!!!!!

We will freight to any city for $60 plus box.

E mail for orders or call on 08 9478 1044

Integrity : Quality : Value
ADVERTISED ON PETLINK
Craig52

That's a great deal but if their from a so called breeding colony,they must be from a huge aviary as they are very aggressive to their own kind. Craig
Keven S

These birds were offerd to me a couple of weeks ago from the owner at a lot cheeper price than advertised at present.
The owner at the time stated that their was only TWO hens out of the 10 birds, if the ratio was the other way around they would not be advertising them:0
Although the price and offer looks good, two hens and eight males !! not such a great deal.
SamDavis

Keven S wrote:These birds were offerd to me a couple of weeks ago from the owner at a lot cheeper price than advertised at present.
The owner at the time stated that their was only TWO hens out of the 10 birds, if the ratio was the other way around they would not be advertising them:0
Although the price and offer looks good, two hens and eight males !! not such a great deal.
Seems a pair is exactly that - two birds! And just when I was thinking -hmmmm, just maybe.
Netsurfer

I'm thinking of getting 2 birds just to try them in my aviaries, I can always get a pair if it works out, building another aviary is not an option. I had W.W.Wrens killed Orange breasts and R.B Wrens killed Double Bars and the Tri-colored Parrot Finches. I did have Diamond Firetails in with them and had no problems except for them eating to many Crickets so they had to go. I don't care if they are males or female but I wouldn't pay as it works out $800/pair although that's good price for a true pair.
Last edited by Netsurfer on 12 Feb 2013, 14:03, edited 1 time in total.
COUNTRY CAPITAL

thanks for the heads-up kevin....
when a deal seems too good to be true it usually is.
still tempted though.... :mrgreen:
CC
Aussie finch tragic.rodent/snake terroriser.
SamDavis

crocnshas wrote:That's a great deal but if their from a so called breeding colony,they must be from a huge aviary as they are very aggressive to their own kind. Craig
I recently visited a mate who has 2 pairs in a mixed aviary measuring roughly 2m by 8m I'd say. He's not long got them but he hasn't had an issue with aggression either between pairs or with other species. Both his pairs have now built nests - do they build roosting nests? My guess is they would given their close relationship to diamonds.
Craig52

COUNTRY CAPITAL wrote:thanks for the heads-up kevin....
when a deal seems too good to be true it usually is.
still tempted though.... :mrgreen:
Yeah,thanks Kevin,you know how keen i am. Cheers Craig :thumbup:
suffolk

Tiaris wrote:I haven't yet had RE Firetails but from what I've seen & heard they are definitely a 1pr per aviary on their own bird to have a reasonable prospect of breeding success.
No that is not true..i have several breeding pairs in one avairy with No Problems at all...can leave young in there as well.. Ive had 10 or more in one avairy no problems..
Im not saying you ..but theres alot of myths out there about REF
Lukec

Hi Suffolk can you share some pictures of your setup of how you keep these guys?

Really interested in your experiences also..
Living In a Unit is Worse Than Being Attached to a Ball and Chain.

Return to “Red Eared Firetail”