Warwickshire Canaries

TomDeGraaff

I get Cage and Aviary Birds Newspaper from England and a few months back there was an article about a new breed of canary developed there. It's a beautiful little bird best described as a pale lemon gloster. The yellow was even all over, even the crown. I was wondering if a similar bird is to be found in Australia.
I think they are a marvellous addition and would like to try my hand at such a bird. The article and photo are in the August 1 2012 issue page 21.
Cheers
WARWICKFRINGE.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Red

Hi Uraeginthus,

I thought it was a Crested Ivory Fife. No-one's trying to create the Warrick in Australia as far as I know.

Male Ivory colourbreds and female Gloster Corona's would be where I would start. I think it took the creator of the breed seven years to get a consistent type.

I think there is some scope for breeding Glosters in more exciting colours (anything but green). You probably already know that the Stafford Canary standard covers Gloster type birds in Rose, Mosaic and Red Factor. I have seen both Mosaic and Red Staffords for sale locally. Not sure if there is a Gloster AOV section that would allow Ivory Glosters to be shown.

Cheers

Red
TomDeGraaff

Thanks Red. I'll maybe look at starting as you said.
Cheers :)
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Beautiful. Glosters are my type of canarys. And that colour works for me.
LML
LML

Return to “Canaries”