Young Cape Dove Chicks

finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I get what Arthur means is that crown pigeons,nicobars are just cock birds around means no eggs
Myzomela

Like I said...there's always next year...
Research; evaluate;observe;act
E Orix

But at least if they don't breed you can eat them :lolno: :lolno: :lolno:
arthur

Some of them are probably at that stage of life that they would be too tough to chew :cry:

A bit of 'Immaculate Conception' is probably what is required :innocent:
Castaneothorax

Replying to Henry's message, i thought pigeons/ doves only ever laid 1 or 2 eggs per clutch. On very odd occassions I did have 3 or 4 young in diamond dove nests (2 times outa probably 100 nests over 25 years), mainly because they left the nest early then laid again. So you are super lucky. A positive with doves is that unlike with finches where I would say 3 nests per year maximum, doves can lay up to 6 nests per year if the food is good and rich & conditions are right.
Benj
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks Benj

All 4 diamonds have fledged and another 2 diamond dove chicks fledged from other pair and another 2 cape dove chicks fledged and First 2 cinnamon doves fledged last week and another 2 cinnamon dove pairs are with 2 chicks are in nest and another 3 sets of 2 chicks are in the cape doves nests.2 pair of Fawn Diamonds are on eggs and 2 pair of silver diamonds are on eggs.Zebra Doves keep giving me infertile eggs.
Castaneothorax

wow, you are going very well, I wonder how many nests you have?? Good luck with the Preaceful doves.
Benj

Return to “Doves & Pigeons”