Are these sea green please ?

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
gomer

are these sea greens ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
natamambo

Sure look like it. Not EY, black band on head. Not blue. Not dilute, head and bib normal. All that's left is sea green....
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Seagreen I think.
ColouredFeathers

Hi gomer
Yes they are sea green i have a few of these birds and they are recessive gomer like the blues.
cheers flavio :thumbup:
Image Image Image
gomer

I have a few more that came out of blues to splits.And about another 6 normal looking birds that came from the normal looking parents.So now we know what they are I have a few more Questions. What would the normal green back parents be ( Hen dead).What do I do with them now ? Do they carry the blue gene aswell ? Do I breed them to blues ? Or Breed the sea greens to sea greens or splits ? Are they worth trying to continue breeding ?
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
garyh

Nice ,should be splendid when fully colored ,nice birds ,garyh.
Craig52

gomer wrote:I have a few more that came out of blues to splits.And about another 6 normal looking birds that came from the normal looking parents.So now we know what they are I have a few more Questions. What would the normal green back parents be ( Hen dead).What do I do with them now ? Do they carry the blue gene aswell ? Do I breed them to blues ? Or Breed the sea greens to sea greens or splits ? Are they worth trying to continue breeding ?
Gommer all of the above,if they came out of a blue and a split,their all split blue.If you want to breed sea greens,breed sea greens but you will also breed blue young as well as both mutations are autosomal recessive.Or,just keep breeding them to blue bird to get blues and sea greens as there both nice looking mutations. Cheers Craig :candy:
natamambo

Does the sea green affect the blue colour - anyone tried? Breeding one of the daughters (who is split blue) back with dad (who is obviously split for sea green) would be interesting to see the results. If I've done my sums right 25% will be sea green blues....
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nice looking birds, would like to see them again when the moult is over. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
LML
LML
Stavros01

natamambo wrote:Does the sea green affect the blue colour - anyone tried? Breeding one of the daughters (who is split blue) back with dad (who is obviously split for sea green) would be interesting to see the results. If I've done my sums right 25% will be sea green blues....
Hi,

their you ave a blue pastel sea green.

Best Regards

Gustavo

Return to “Mutation Finches”