Lori

BrettB

Just finished a great book about Australian animals and plants called "The New Nature", by Tim Low, which I cannot recommend highly enough.
Tim Low was also writing a bird book, not sure if it has been completed it yet.

I read "Feral Future", which was very interesting but a little bit depressing.

Cheers
Brett
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are ." Anais Nin
maz

Had an interesting conversation with my cousin in the UK, seems they have some lorikeets(not sure which species she's not a bird person) over there that have gone feral (a park lost around 200 a few years back) they now have a population of roughly 3000 that are causing havoc with their natives.any animal no matter how wonderful becomes a problem in the wrong environment
TomDeGraaff

maz wrote:Had an interesting conversation with my cousin in the UK, seems they have some lorikeets(not sure which species she's not a bird person) over there that have gone feral (a park lost around 200 a few years back) they now have a population of roughly 3000 that are causing havoc with their natives.any animal no matter how wonderful becomes a problem in the wrong environment
That's a decent founder stock. I wonder if the public were feeding. I wouldn,t want to be a wild lorikeet, especially in Britain in winter. I'd freeze my b b b b b beak off!
arthur

Gets pretty cold in the Shaky Isles too :ooh: . . But feral Rainbows are becoming a problem over there according to authorities(??)

On the other hand some of the locals are going in to bat for the Rainbows

I think that this would be one of the rare occasions I would be siding with the 'Authorities(??)' :shh:

Return to “Parrots”