How to open a bag of seed

For all your questions about diet and food for your finches
Danny

SamDavis wrote:Double thread facing you then open from left. Single thread facing then open from right. (I think!) :?
Perfect.
flywhoaman

LOL. I grew up on a Ohio farm and now live on a Texas ranch and have raised livestock my whole life. We go through so many bags of feed that I found it interesting that a video was required. This isn't meant as a negative in any way. I am confident that someone had to point that little string starting method years ago. I am old enough not to remember when that was. Our difference in terminology is also fascinating. We call a swale something that carries the water away from a structure while you call it a moat. Anyway, before I go off topic more, lots of people over in my part of the US take the poly-based bags and sew them into carriers, adding heavy tape handles and sometimes even zippers for groceries, child care necessities, and so on. It isn't odd to see someone at the grocery stuffing their items into a bag that says pig feed or wild bird seed. That's my 2 cents worth.
mickenglish

Hard to visualise a world now without Youtube. I for one never yearn for any "good old days"
arthur

You will . . :(
CathyCraftz

There's no special or fancy way of doing it- a pair of scissors will do, or if not a knife will always do the trick.
Have a nice day!
Sincerely, Cathy
“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – Albus Dumbledore
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CathyCraftz wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 20:59 There's no special or fancy way of doing it- a pair of scissors will do, or if not a knife will always do the trick.
This thread is literally an explanation of the manufacturer-intended way of opening these bags. I appreciate your enthusiasm in contributing to the conversation, but please make sure you're adding something of value.

Return to “Diet & Food”