gouldian mutation :?:

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
neshem

what do you guys think of this little fella mutation..is it seagreen?

Craig52

At a guess,i would say par blue but the blue back ground material could be altering the true colour. Craig
neshem

crocnshas wrote:At a guess,i would say par blue but the blue back ground material could be altering the true colour. Craig
just heard par blue in gouldian..is it another mutation?any thought of the genes inheritance? i thought at first it was a blueback but when i saw his belly is yellow and orangehead, its different.
Craig52

neshem wrote:
crocnshas wrote:At a guess,i would say par blue but the blue back ground material could be altering the true colour. Craig
just heard par blue in gouldian..is it another mutation?any thought of the genes inheritance? i thought at first it was a blueback but when i saw his belly is yellow and orangehead, its different.
Regardless of the yellow belly,which is washed out as in blues and the orange face which changes to this colour in red face and yellow face blues,i think it is just a blue. Craig
neshem

crocnshas wrote:
neshem wrote:
Regardless of the yellow belly,which is washed out as in blues and the orange face which changes to this colour in red face and yellow face blues,i think it is just a blue. Craig
yes that what i ask, coz if blue they don't have yellow belly right, its washout, but this one have yellow belly..and its head is not the same with "straw" or "salmon" color but orange.. not so clear with the pic though.heres another pic.

and if he's a blue i'll be glad to have blue :) parents then are both split to blue.
Bgould

To me it looks like a seagreen with the soft lemon on the belly. Its not a blue as blue gened gouldians do not show yellow but cream on the belly,
Mr Tino

Hi Neshem looking at that picture it looking toward a seagreen Gouldian ,I do have some of them myself which are spilt blue and have put them back blue.

Cheer from Mr Tino :wave: :thumbup:
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Looks like Seagreen colouring to me.
Craig52

Neshem,you need to get a pic of that bird in direct sunshine,even the feathers stuck on the wire are blue due to that back ground material. Craig
neshem

heres an updated pic of this fella...

[IMG=http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/2797/seagreen.jpg][/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Return to “Mutation Finches”