gouldian mutation :?:

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
neshem

neshem wrote:
crocnshas wrote:
neshem wrote:thanks finches247 for resizing the pics..

@crocnshas now you see the pic clearly? the head color of this gouldian is common in blueback mutation?
Hi Neshem,thanks for the pics and f247.I have seen that head colour in PB blues but not in WB blues and also the yellowish belly in PB blues but not in WB blues.In the WB blues the the belly is a creamy or white. Cheers Craig
nice to know that Craig..new for me. thank you :) cheers!
hi Craig..have you seen an OH blueback gouldian cock with yellow tip beak? these guys beak turns yellow/orange now..m searching for a similar pic, can't find one.
Craig52

Hi Neshem, i really don't know what you are trying to tell me,the bird in that pic is a yellow headed blue with a yellow tipped bill.Its bill will get brighter yellow/orange when it's in breeding condition. Craig :wave:
neshem

yes i'm asking if you see some picture like that, yellow headed blueback male with yellow tip beak...trying to check in the net, all i can see is white beak..
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sounds like he may be in top breeding condition.
LML
LML
neshem

yes they are in breeding condition now :)

and im surprise that yellow color could express in blue mutation knowing the blue gene suppresses the expression of red and yellow.
Finchy

The cock fits the description of a Seagreen exactly:

Seagreen

Inheritance: Uncertain. Possibly autosomal recessive. Appears to be a parblue. May be acquired.

Details:

- Green feathers replaced by a compromise between Blue and Green - a dark Turquoise.

- Red and Orange head feathers are slightly reduced in intensity.

- Yellow belly feathers are slightly paler.

[From: http://finchstuff.com/GouldianFinchColourMutations.aspx]

The back does not look a clean or bold enough blue to me to be a Blue; it's a muted turquoise. The head colour is also too warm/yellowish to be a Blue.
Craig52

G'day Nesham,it is not sea green as others have stated,it is a blue but you are right,it's the only yellow headed blue that i have seen that has retained the yellow head as it should be beige in colour and i agree that it makes for a better looking bird.
I also googled gouldian mutations and couldn't find a yellow headed blue bird or a yellow headed seagreen bird so what you have could be a first,keep up the good work with them. Cheers Craig :thumbup:
Finchy

Craig, what specifically are you seeing in this bird that makes you say it's not a Seagreen? I'm not seeing it.

If it's the only 'blue' ever to have a yellowish head and they are supposed to be beige, whilst 'seagreens' ordinarily do have yellowish heads...doesn't it logically follow?
neshem

crocnshas wrote:G'day Nesham,it is not sea green as others have stated,it is a blue but you are right,it's the only yellow headed blue that i have seen that has retained the yellow head as it should be beige in colour and i agree that it makes for a better looking bird.
I also googled gouldian mutations and couldn't find a yellow headed blue bird or a yellow headed seagreen bird so what you have could be a first,keep up the good work with them. Cheers Craig :thumbup:
Hi craig..hope you don't misunderstood me asking a lot :) i'm trying to collect data/opinion from lots of hobbiest/expert and the likes. Though i would know the result from their future chicks,m just excited to know if there are similar to these guys cause can't find in the net.

:thumbup:
neshem

@finchy thanks mate :) yes theres a lot of different opinion now, hope somebody have the same color or experience with this to help me. m pairing both of them to blue hens..after two clutch i would change their partner to a normal green and one whitebreast greenback female.

Return to “Mutation Finches”