Trouble in Paradise!

Includes Species Profile.
maureen_g

I moved a pair of normal zebs from a holding cage to a suspended aviary next to a pair of pure white zebs. The normal pair had been loving and starting to build a nest in the holding cage. Now the cock seems only interested in flirting with the white hen in the adjacent aviary spending much time trying to be as close to her through the wire as he can get. No longer interested in his own pretty hen he even chases her away at times! The white hen isn't totally disinterested in him either but still has a bond with her cock. Will the normal cock come to his senses? He can't have that white hen!!! :crazy: :x :roll:
Diane

I would either move the 2nd pair away or make use of some cardboard and electrician plastic ties and block the view of the lusted after hen!
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
roma9009

Yep that's right bluebutterfly213, the cock wont come to his senses
zebman

Agree with bluebutterfly :thumbup:
It goes with birds as well, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence (cage)

Maurie.
maureen_g

Hmmmm. I will definitely separate the pairs if things don't improve very soon. However it appears that the shunned hen is willing to forgive and persist!!! I moved the grit containers which the two wanna-bes were using to snuggle together to get close. The normal hen has built a fabulous huge nest coming right out of the nestbox into the aviary which has certainly impressed me and surely the philanderer won't be able to resist either!! He had stopped chasing her and was tolerating her being next to him. If he's not treating her with a lot more love and affection by the end of today, she and I will have to take more drastic measures!!! :shock: :o :crazy:
maureen_g

I think he has come to his senses!!! Which is just as well as it's very difficult to get access to put up a divider in the suspended. Both pairs are busy nest building although I think he casts the white hen a lustful glance too often!!! He isn't as loving towards his hen as he used to be but they are spending time in the nest so that's a start. I wonder if he fantasises about the white hen when he's with his own lady. Little bugger!!! :lol: :crazy: :lolno:

Return to “Zebra”