One of the locals

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
fincher

then i got to me dads place which is another 10mins to the ocean side he get pretty much the same. each year he gets galahs and 28s nesting in his trees which hes put hollow logs up in. this year were going to put more up bout another 3-4. Weve even use pvc piping bout 250-300mm diameter and put on a natural spout and just put some 25x12 wire on the inside for a lader for them for the lid we either use a screw on capor a bucket lid depends wat we have at the time and the base is either concrete or the screw on cap the 28s like the a lot. we even had i think a mountain duck lay in the big one but unfortunatly it could get out and died as it was too far down
gomer

good to see someone out there doing there bit Chris.I would imagine you get alot of pleasure seing them being used :)
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
fincher

yeh we do last year we checked a couple of the nests out of 3 nest 2prs of 28s occupied 2 and 1pr galahs, the 2 prs of 28s fledged 4 each and the galahs fledged 2 then went back to nest after then fledged another 3. i also forgot that we also get the white tails and retail black cockatoos nearly all year round at the moment they have got young and you can really hear them squarking food the parents to feed them

Return to “The Lounge”