Golden Shoulder Hybrid

firetail555

I sold a guy from NSW a pair and 2 hen Golden Shoulders back in May. He sent me an abusive email a week ago claiming the hen in the pair is a hybrid with a hooded parrot and that he knew it from when he got them. He has apparently bagging me to anyone who will listen for the last 3 months and has been on a Psephotus facebook page with photo's asking people to confirm his thoughts. I tried to join the group, but they haven't added me on, so if anyone has been on this site, I would like you to read the other side of the story. These birds came from a very reliable bird breeder who hates hybrids, as do I, and neither of us would ever sell one deliberately. He worked with native animals and birds as a career for many years and is responsible for the line in Australian Aviculture, Members Notices, "Notices for hybrids are not accepted for listing". I offered to have them DNA'd, I also have another person who will buy them off him. He wont agree to any of it, he wants his money back AND intends to keep the birds. I have had a qualified Zoologist, who recently returned from Cape York where he saw many GS including a flock of 30 or 40 of them, look at the photo's and he said there is no way you can tell there is any hooded in that bird from the photo's.

It is very disturbing that a reputation built over many years can be questioned by someone like this without trying to sort the issue out in a friendly manner first. it is hard enough for us bird people with all the outside pressure, without fighting internally as well. I am not a #%$% Lying Scumbag Dog. I love breeding birds and do not breed or sell hybrids.

David White
Tiaris

If he was so disgusted by the bird, why would he want to keep it?
I can imagine your frustration.
Which physical features did he feel indicated the possibility of Hooded blood?
firetail555

I have asked him several times and he wont say. All he says is "I just know, cough up the dough"
branchez

I do'nt know what this blokes game is but having a bird for 3 months then claiming it's a hybrid
does not add up,but it could buy you time to aquire one,if there is one!
Having had dealings with you several times your reputation is intact. :thumbup:
Jack
Tiaris

I guess all you can do is to offer to refund upon return of the bird. If he fails to do this, I'd just tell him to bugger off.
Diane

firetail555 wrote:I sold a guy from NSW a pair and 2 hen Golden Shoulders back in May. He sent me an abusive email a week ago claiming the hen in the pair is a hybrid with a hooded parrot and that he knew it from when he got them.
3 months wait before sending notice when he said he "knew" from the begining! At the very least I would have thought the wait would be so that he could send a more calm and measured email. Thats quite a time to wait considering the abusive email you received.

I agree with Tiaris, make an offer to refund after receiving the bird back, this could take place through an impartial 3rd party if necessary.

Wouldnt fancy this guy chances of buying many more birds from anyone if hes taking this tactic.
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
E Orix

My opinion would be to send him an email telling him to return the birds so you can give him a refund.
If not' tell him you will post his name on the Forum.
Do not rubbish him on the Forum simply say that you have a disagreement with (???) and wish to inform others interested to hear your side.
firetail555

I offered again this morning to take them back, but reckons i am "just going to sell them to someone else" and pollute all the Golden Shoulders in the world. I like the idea of a third party to ensure its done properly, but he won't be in it. I am just going to ignore him now. Thanks all for your comments. These blokes get you down a bit. I am sticking to finches now, a more positive group of people
Craig52

firetail555 wrote:I offered again this morning to take them back, but reckons i am "just going to sell them to someone else" and pollute all the Golden Shoulders in the world. I like the idea of a third party to ensure its done properly, but he won't be in it. I am just going to ignore him now. Thanks all for your comments. These blokes get you down a bit. I am sticking to finches now, a more positive group of people
David,good on for reverting back finches and ignoring that person,it's not worth stressing about him or you could end up with what i just got over.Now you can sit back and watch your finches flitting about their aviaries doing their thing,at least they move. Cheers Craig :thumbup:
SamDavis

firetail555 wrote:All he says is "I just know, cough up the dough"
You can't argue with that sort of logic.
What a bonehead!

Return to “Parrots”