Australian Grey Series Bengalese

Includes Species Profile
Aussie_Bengo

Hi,
This is firstly for FinchBreeder who's inquired about the Grey so I thought I'd share.....
The Grey Bengalese is quite common overseas but here it has not been established. However over the while I have discovered that during the Bengalese Exhibition hay day in Sydney (70's - 80's) the colour was at least known of and a Finch Exhibitor Friend of mine has told me there was some talk of a Bengalese Mutation being coined a Blue Bengalese at the time. Of course much has changed since then and I am trying to develop such a Mutation at the moment. The pictures of overseas of mutations like the Grey Chestnut which can be a lovely Ash colour can be quite an inspiration. A Charcoal, Blue or Silver Bengalese sounds more Sexy but I believe Chocolate/Grey and Chestnut Grey or Dilute Chestnut/Grey are the correct terms respectively when using the International convention.
I'll try and post some Grey Mutations from overseas to show.

Here are some Pictures of my Partial Grey, which some would even call a Dilute Chocolate (not completely Grey (Black-Eumelanin 60 : Red-Phaomelanin 20)) but with a few more generations I think I'll be able to throw a Grey Bird.
Grey Series Bengo_AFF.jpg
Grey Series Bengo_2_AFF.jpg
Cheers.

PK.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
elferoz777

Nice work

I wasn't a fan of bengos and sold the only pair I had..

Your posts and pics always seem to lead me to think...just maybe a pair or two
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
Aussie_Bengo

elferoz777 wrote:Nice work

I wasn't a fan of bengos and sold the only pair I had..

Your posts and pics always seem to lead me to think...just maybe a pair or two
Thanks!
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you. What turned up here from my Chestnut hen to Chocolate cock. Hen 1st ever nest = 1 like that you have pictured, 2nd nest 1 that is even more smokey gray. But as they were only having 1 chick at a time I split them up and rested them. Now she has a new mate, I have 70% males so my girls get to husband swap regularly. :parp: With her new Dilute fawn mate she now has 2 fawns (one almost self, one pied) 1 chestnut pied. As all my birds are pied the almost self is good too. This hen seems to be producing the "different" birds.
LML
LML

Return to “Society Finch”