personel best 7 young

Yellow Billed and Red Billed (Hecks)
Includes Species Profiles
Shark

reduced longtail pic.jpg
this pair has often produced 5 young in a nest, this time they had 7. they are great parents 1st day fledging babies can always fly and come out for only an hour or 2 , then longer each day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
____________________/\__________________________\0/________________________
SamDavis

Wow! I've had a few fledge 6 over the years but never 7.
Are these related to mine?
Tiaris

They must be good parents - all seem evenly well-developed young. Well done.
gomer

That is outstanding :thumbup: Well done.Also the photo is one that would have taken some patience to get.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Great parents Well Done Shark :thumbup: :clap:
TomDeGraaff

What nutrition have they had growing up? It seems to me that the parents must have been well supplied with "the right stuff" for such an evenly developed huge brood! :) Excellent :)
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Congratulations, on your fertile, well looked after and happy finches. Cause thats what it takes to get a result like that. :thumbup:
LML
LML
Redwing

How do they all fit in the nest!!??
Shark

Hi Thankyou for your kind words.

To Sam
SamDavis wrote:Wow! I've had a few fledge 6 over the years but never 7.
Are these related to mine?
No not Related, These were the original pair who fledged 5 young around the same time I saw your pic on forum of 5 young, which prompted me to contact you and buy your nest of 5. They have been paired with the offspring of this pair and except for one I lost, all are alive and breeding well.

To Tiaris
Tiaris wrote:They must be good parents - all seem evenly well-developed young. Well done.
They sure are! I just went through my records 52 young since !st nest fledged on the 15th Oct 2011 here is their fledging amounts in each nest 555522344557.

To Gomer
gomer wrote:That is outstanding :thumbup: Well done.Also the photo is one that would have taken some patience to get.
Wasn't to bad they were happier when they couldn't see my eyes when i was staring into lcd screen. when I looked over camera they scattered,but kept heading back to this corner, still I took loads of photos with one or 2 missing and a cordon or painted in it's place.

To Finches247
finches247 wrote:Great parents Well Done Shark :thumbup: :clap:
Thankyou

To Uraeginthus
Uraeginthus wrote:What nutrition have they had growing up? It seems to me that the parents must have been well supplied with "the right stuff" for such an evenly developed huge brood! :) Excellent :)
All the normal millets, canary, niger, plus a tonic mix (overrated tonic mix looks 50% rape(canola). Maggots just before pupae stage and pupae stage and my not so secret ingredient tonnes of grass seed. different types alternating I have loads of private spots to get it from, I collect it at least every 2nd day. They get Green panic, pink panic, veldt, rye, wallaby grass, oats, winter grass and lots of others in lesser amounts. my grit mix, baked egg shells, charcoal mix and cuttlefish bone, corn on the cob, saltbush, Clean Water. I don't feed any additives or potions. Ivomec twice a year.

To Finchbreeder
finchbreeder wrote:Congratulations, on your fertile, well looked after and happy finches. Cause thats what it takes to get a result like that. :thumbup:
LML
Thankyou

To Redwing
finchbreeder wrote:Congratulations, on your fertile, well looked after and happy finches. Cause thats what it takes to get a result like that. :thumbup:
LML
I have no Idea, not sure even where this nest was! must have been deep in the brush, the one before was in a box I could see easily.

To all who replied thankyou for your kind words, Cigars are in the mail !
____________________/\__________________________\0/________________________
COUNTRY CAPITAL

super photo!!
what a pair....over 50 offspring....congrats.
whatever you are doing...keep it up!
:thumbup:
CC
Aussie finch tragic.rodent/snake terroriser.

Return to “Long Tailed”