Which Book?

Share your favourite books and links here.
Greg41

Keeping and Breeding Finches and Seed Eaters by Russell KIngston.
Which Book, Black,Green or Red cover, is the best to buy. I have been looking on the internet and all 3 are available,from various places.
Any opinions would be appreciated.

Cheers Greg.
GDG
TomDeGraaff

Personally, I prefer the organisation of the green cover. His latest book I find rather awkward to find specific info. I think there is too much of what I consider extraneous info in the red book. Also, names and the coverage of some species is superfluous and aimed at the os market, I feel.
Don't get me wrong. The books - all of them - are marvelous and no one could do better than Russell but I just find the green one best for quick reference. By definition, the latest book (red) should have the most up-to-date info.
Anyway, that's my take on it.
Tom
BigDan

I have his 'green' book, Keeping and Breeding Finches and seed-eaters. I find it really easy to read. 100 odd pages on various topics on keeping finches then a large section covering a stack of Australian and foreign finches detailing housing, sexing, breeding, diet, etc. Really good book to have.
garymc

G'day again Greg/Pauline

I would go Green, then Black then Red - Uraeginthus summed it up perfectly I think.
gomer

The Black and Green are obtainable somtimes. The only thing is they are mostly around the $100 mark second hand. You may strike it lucky and get a good one for between $50 to $100.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
iaos

If you can find a copy of the green book at a fair price, buy it, it's as rare as finch teeth.

Cheers Ian
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have read all three. But regretfully don't have the green one. Which I found the best. So if you don't buy it let me know where it is and how much.
LML
LML
Greg41

I have found a copy of the Green book overseas but have not been able to get them to give me a shipping rate.
To get them moving I ordered the book today and left the shipping rate line blank, I have now had an email thanking me for the order,
now have to wait to see how long before they find the error, hopefully then it will all go ahead.

Cheers Greg
GDG
gomer

Greg/Pauline wrote:I have found a copy of the Green book overseas but have not been able to get them to give me a shipping rate.
To get them moving I ordered the book today and left the shipping rate line blank, I have now had an email thanking me for the order,
now have to wait to see how long before they find the error, hopefully then it will all go ahead.

Cheers Greg
Hopefully the shipping rate is not a few hundred dollars. Some of the overseas sellers try to charge that much.

This copy below is only $4.55 shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Keeping-Breeding- ... l+kingston
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
Greg41

Where do they get that price from? I also hope that their shipping charge is not to high. It should be around $24.00.
Still no query.

Cheers Greg.
GDG

Return to “Books And Links”