Canary Shows, Sales and Events 2014

Red

Hi everyone,

Once again I am starting a thread to discuss this year's canary shows and events. Feel free to post about any canary related event that is coming up.

Red

On Tuesday the 7th of January the Melbourne Canary Improvement Society will be holding it's first young stock show for the year. Entry is free.

It is a good chance for anyone interested to see different canary varieties on show. There will also be a talk on moulting.

Australian Plainhead breeding stock will be for sale.

The meeting will start at 8pm at the hall of the New Church, 426-434 HighStreet Rd, Mount Waverley, Victoria, Australia.
Red

The Melbourne Canary Improvement Society is holding it's next young stock show on Tuesday the 4th of February.

Entry is free and anyone interested is welcome to attend.

The meeting will start at 8pm at the hall of the New Church, 426-434 HighStreet Rd, Mount Waverley, Victoria, Australia.
Rosco

Is it ok for a total newbie to tag along? Be very keen to see the show and possibly pick up a young Roller?
Red

Hi Rosco,

You are welcome to come. I just read your intro post a minute ago because I noticed we are in the same area. There will be no birds for sale this month but there are Roller breeders in the club if you want to enquire about getting some.

The young stock shows have been great this year, but I should mention that if the temperature exceeds 30 degrees C at 6pm the show part of the evening will be cancelled for Animal Welfare reasons. Right now the weather looks like it will be OK.

Regards

Red
Rosco

Thanks for that Red. Hope the weather cools down soon.
Red

Hi all,

Another Young Stock Show for the MCIS. I should add that if anyone else knows of any canary shows meeting or sales, feel free to post the details here.

The Melbourne Canary Improvement Society is holding it's next young stock show on Tuesday the 4th of March. There will be talk by a special guest speaker on Red Factors as part of the meeting.

Entry is free.

Red

After an intense discussion about the Combine, the talk on Red Factors did go ahead at the MCIS last night. Photobucket seems to have dulled the colour in these pics. The bird in the bottom row of the top pic, second cage from the right had the best colour:

Red
Diane

All of them seemed a good colour, but after you pointed the best one out it did seem like when viewed the colour of that bird was the deepest.
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
Red

Yep I think it's the same bird in the middle of the bottom row of the bottom pic. You can see the same broken up white sticker on the cage to the right of it.
Red

Dandenong Canary Society wrote:Our Annual Show 2014 is on the 5th of April at poultry pavilion Dandenong show grounds its off bennett st Dandenong and going to be open for public from 1 pm till 3 pm every one is welcome entree is free.
https://www.facebook.com/CanarySocietyOfDandenongdcs

Anyone else going?

Red

Return to “Canaries”