What parrots should I get?

firetail555

Craig52 wrote:
firetail555 wrote:A mate bred 9 red capped parrots from 2 pair this year in melbourne. $250 per unrelated pair
That's good breeding but red capped parrots can be one of the most aggressive parrots around. Craig
These ones are so aggressive they will kiss you to death :notsure:
thehammer

Craig52 wrote:
thehammer wrote:Saw a split blue Western on pet link for $400. I just contacted a guy about a pair of normal Westerns and he said I could have a young unrelated pair for $120. :D
That's a good price,i have keep them and are no where as aggressive as other rosella's and imo the red backed variety is a nicer of the two. Craig
I'll just go for the normals
budgiebreeder

What about bourkes? They are quiet don't take up much room and if you are not against mutations the rosa bourkes are really pretty. They are a bit more expensive then the normal. There are other mutation variations.
budgiebreeder

What about Bourke Parrots? They are small, quiet, pretty. If you don't object to mutations the Rosa bourke is very pretty, harder to get, and more expensive. There are other colour variations
thehammer

thehammer wrote:
Craig52 wrote:
thehammer wrote:Saw a split blue Western on pet link for $400. I just contacted a guy about a pair of normal Westerns and he said I could have a young unrelated pair for $120. :D
That's a good price,i have keep them and are no where as aggressive as other rosella's and imo the red backed variety is a nicer of the two. Craig
I'll just go for the normals

I didn't get the Western Rosella's in the end
thehammer

budgiebreeder wrote:What about Bourke Parrots? They are small, quiet, pretty. If you don't object to mutations the Rosa bourke is very pretty, harder to get, and more expensive. There are other colour variations

Too cheap and I have already kept them in the past.
TomDeGraaff

Cheapness is not really an excuse imo. Mind you, they say a cheap bird costs the same to feed and house as a dearer bird.

The Bourke's is a wonderful species; it's quiet, confiding and harmless in most instances. A real little treat. :)
elferoz777

I second bourkes.

I have a pair of cream bourkes snd they are great
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
BluJay

I love the bourkes. I have normals and Rosa's. Absolutely beautiful. Love the Opaline grass parrots, also.
Havealookwhatuvedone

Mr negative......work it out.

Return to “Parrots”