single hen bird with 7 young. will she raise them all?

Includes Species Profile.
garyh

I think the advice and experience like this is what the forum is about ,thinking out side of the box ,great idea for young and old breeders,well done Flavio :clap: :clap: great advice,garyh
Mattstar

My yellow male died literally the weekend his partners clutch hatched. I just kept her well fed and didn't disturb her by looking into the breeding box. 3 and a half weeks later, 4 babies are out and look very healthy and are having a ball exploring the aviary. Mum's a trouper and has a special place in my collection now.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Whenever we get a "single parent" bird who does the job, they are a keeper. Yes it is up to us to make sure they have as little work to do as possible by supplying their every need. But in the end, they have the hard yards to do solo.
LML
LML
gomer

I would move a few unless you think the new cock is helping.I prefer to take my chances moving a few if a nest is that big then loose the lot if mum becomes exhausted.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
werty

elferoz777 wrote:Thanks for the great advice.

Whatever works works and its worth a try. Ill check them tomorrow.

How the 7 go?
elferoz777

She raised them all.

I love that bird. I kept some of her possible split blue lilac breasted hens. Unfortunately she didnt succeed this year due to whatever is killing my young.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.

Return to “Gouldian”