lutino and albino mutations

Includes Species Profile.
Marek

HI friends.

Who cares lutino and albino mutation, click on the link and read. :)

Marek

http://www.gouldianfinches.eu/en/geneti ... -mutation/
TomDeGraaff

A quick glance tells me that this is a bit doubtful. Perhaps something is lost in the translation ??? :? :?
Craig52

So what that is saying is that the lutino BF parrot finch is responsible as a fertile hybrid for the lutino gouldian,i doubt that very much as there is still science going on as whether the gouldian is in the parrot finch family.I have seen BF and gouldian hybrids and i believe the hybrid is infertile so it can't pass on the lutino/albino gene. Craig
Marek

hi.

hybrids between Gouldian finch and blue face parrot finch are fertile. Article does not say that all lutino are the product of hybridization. product of hybridization are birds that have a non- standard coloring of the head. The article clearly states that we know 4 forms:

1. ino mutation linked to the (yellow) pastel mutation (e-gene) with non-standard head coloring; notation
2. ino mutation not linked to the pastel mutation (E-gene) with non-standard head coloring; notation
3. ino mutation linked to the (yellow) pastel mutation (e-gene) with standard head coloring; notation
4. ino mutation not linked to the pastel mutation (E-gene) with standard head coloring; notation

and we know also the combinations between these 4 lines.
I do believe that true – original lutino Gouldian Finches exist, which occurred spontaneously and are kept by breeders.

I once again emphasize, that my article only speaks about the head coloring of lutino Gouldian Finches. Nowhere do I state that all lutino Gouldians are a product of hybridization. In the article I attempted to point out how the s-gene can be used to perform calculations. The 4 lines include both lutinos which occurred spontaneously, as a true mutation and lutinos which come from hybridization. The 4 lines were defined by their phenotype. To distinguish true mutations from hybrids with certainty a complete DNA sequence analysis of both specimens would be necessary and this would be extremely expensive

Marek
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As those pictured are all yellow based they are lutino (check the latin) One line has coloured heads. One line has diluted heads. So perhaps those with diluted heads are a linked mutation? lutino/dilute? Just speculating.
LML
LML

Return to “Gouldian”