Whitebreasted dilute gouldians

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
fincher

well I fnally got around to taking a couple pics off me white breasted dilutes there not the best pics but its an example both are cock birds in yellow and black heads. these birds have got identical markings to the birds that I bred I think back in 2010 or so. both birds have bred this year with young also looking identicle top the ones o produced back then

elferoz777

What's the difference between dilutes and sf yellows?

I know the white breast makes a sf cock appeae yellow instead of dilute green but what other markings do they have that differ?

Just curious. Thanks for uploading.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
Mr Tino

Hi there the different between Australian dilute and single factor is,first we will talk about Australia dilute when you breed the A/D mutation bird to a normal you will get split and then put the split back to the A/D mutation you will get colour and split in the nest, also when Australia dilute has purple chest or white chest or licac chest the back go light or darker it depend on the chest colour,now with single factor in purple or lilac chest it look like wash out green with yellow through it ,but in white chest change to a yellow lemon colour and also your put mutation to a normal you get colour straight way,that different between two mutation.
Australian Dilute is recessive.Put colour mutation to a normal get split birds
Single factor male is sex link dominate .Put Colour mutation to normal hen you get both male and female in colour and also normal in both male and female.
Single factor female . Put colour mutation to normal male and you get S/F male and also get normal hen.

Cheer from Mr Tino :thumbup:
Last edited by Mr Tino on 21 Aug 2014, 09:59, edited 1 time in total.
fincher

Thanks for explaining the difference MrTino don't think I could off explained it better myself
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And the most obvious difference is that Dilutes retain the black under the jaw and single factor yellows do not. Nice bright birds Chris congratulations on your success.
LML
LML
Blue Cuban

Hi Chris,

Your birds are looking good cant wait to see these mutation's in person.
I must admit I do struggle with picking the difference mainly because I feel photos don't always do a bird justice.

From breeding results from friends I believe that recessive Aus Yellows are dominate over the blue gene, how dominate would you say this recessive dilute gene is on the blue gene?

It was good to meet you today as well.

Cheers,
Richard.
Hobby finch Keeper
bywater71

any better photos of the birds? these have been bred in the west some years ago by James Watson and Eric Otway just for your information photos are on the Belgian gouldian websites cheers
TomDeGraaff

bywater71 wrote:any better photos of the birds? these have been bred in the west some years ago by James Watson and Eric Otway just for your information photos are on the Belgian gouldian websites cheers
Lovely birds and I do like to see people's OWN photos. It adds to the personal nature of the post. Anyone can find a web photo. BUT these are your own birds and that makes them special :)

Return to “Mutation Finches”