Just goes to show..

Includes Species Profile.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well I thought breeding season well and truly over for Gouldians...How wrong I was...went down to aviary and low and behold 3 new baby goulds sitting on the perch...seems they have pinched a RFPF and done their deed...here I was thinking it was still the RFPF.... Just goes to show...looks like I need to seperate them now.. :think:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Mr Tino

Hi Vettepilot_6 many year go I was give a pair of bfpf they went to nest as usually and hatch five baby ,they fed them about two and half week and left them to die ,so suddenly they jump into a nest of single factor Gouldian nest and start raise the baby Gouldian,they venture raiseing Gouldian baby to mature,as you say just goes to show what happen in your avary or someself aviary,also I found when these Gouldian finch moult out they turn out to nice Gouldian ,but I had a problem with them,when I try to pair them next season they would not pair up with the Gouldian finch of the same species,I kept trying number of male and female and they never did, I release the bfpf male into the aviary and what I saw was the y/b hen inprint to the bfpf male ,so I got rid them and started all over again,that was my experiment with that, as your heading saying you just goes to to show what happen.

Cheer from Mr Tino :thumbup:
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mine seem to be doing very little this season. But mother has 3 nests of 4 still waiting to fledge in one of her avairys. They will do what they will do and not necessarily when we expect.
LML
LML

Return to “Gouldian”